IGNORED

uosipa llamxew

@mojofltr - Your lucky you didn't win that other auction, it was way too high already.

It was definitely way too high! I'm kind of hard up right now though. The VCS I have has a gigantic hole in the bottom (don't ask), and my Gemini is in dire need of a soldering job. Both are in kind of crappy condition. I am kind of worried about buying a used VCS on Ebay anyways. It might look pretty, but you never know what kind of abuse it has taken on the inside. That vader was still sealed (drool), which would almost guarantee perfect condition on the inside. :_( Ah well - guess I saved 250 bucks. ((sniff))

I have purchased several consoles on eBay, including three 2600s, and all have worked perfectly except the one that the seller said did not work. (And that one even does SORT OF work.)

The VCS was a hardy piece of equipment. You're far less likely to run into a flaky one than you are with the NES, for instance.

The original 1977 consoles included the original 5 spring design joysticks which feature the top of the stick hex name disc (which almost always fell off during gameplay).

The original 1977 switchbox was the square one with the 75 ohm cable input as well as the 300 ohm input. It said "GAME" with the switch.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Familiarize yourself with the heavy sixer. Some Ebay sellers will tell you exactly what the unit looks like. About a quarter of the units I've seen out there are NOT true Heavy Sixers. If you have any doubt, don't bid - or contact the seller and have him/her read the sticker on the bottom of the unit.