IGNORED

Really...really unique situation.....

Gigolo

GAAAAH!!! HOLY HELL! How'd you do that!?!?!? :o That tears it...that mo-fo is MINE! Say howdy to the new owner of that cart people.  

No joke, that's freakishly close to what that cart looks like. :lolblue::thumbsup:

i think cpuwiz was pointing out how easy it would be to create a cart that looks like what you describe. take a US games cart, remove the label, print of the end label from atariage. cut & tear it and glue it onto the us games case.

the point of opening it up would be to see if it is an eprom on a homebrew board...or if it is on a Simage board/Rom...if there is such a thing. has anyone opened up a legit eli's ladder to see what the board/rom looks like? well, now that you own the one that started this discussion, open it up and take pictures!!!

I hate to burst everyone's bubble about getting a look at my new Eli cart, but unfortunately i'm working off a Dreamcast for the time being IE...PC-less. :sad:

I know this sounds retarded, but i really don't know what i'm looking at when i open a cart up. I've always concentrated on the collecting, and especially the "FUN" aspects of retrogaming...so i've never really looked into the electronics therein. What do i need to look for ? :|

Look at names on the PCB, numbers and see if it looks like it was hand-tampered with. See if it contains a ROM or and EPROM.

CPU...the only one of those things i can even identify is ROM="Read only memory".

I've got it open right here, along with a junk spare Swordquest i have to compare it to. They look identical except for a small orange stripe going around the width of the board, & a faint "S1" on the side. What does that mean...?

What you waiting for, Gigolo?

Crack that sucker open!

:D

And by golly, you're one lucky dude. I bet those who don't own a copy (like me) would have to shell out mucho grande just to own this game.

Whattayamean "waiting"??? Read back a few posts bro. ;)

I cracked it...CPUwiz helped me...we celebrated...we got drunk...we puked on the rug...so all is good. :lolblue:

And yes, i'm really feeling luckier by the moment on this... I never really appreciated how freakin' rare this thing was untill i got mine. I do wonder just how much $ i could get back out of it though. :ponder: It's always been a dream to own an R10 2600 game...but i'm a perfectionist thru-and-thru, so this is'nt going without that little feeling i get in the pit of my stomach when i come across a rare "nekid lady/wounded warrior" in one of my stores. For right now, it is mine...but if/when i get my hands on any R10 in nice condition, Eli will find a nice new home with somebody here on AtariAge. :wink: How many R10's are there anyway ?

Eli will find a nice new home with somebody here on AtariAge. :wink: How many R10's are there anyway ?

You just got it to sell it ? :sad:

That's not what i meant at all CPU... I'm a rabid perfectionist, and i meant if i ever get a hold of another R10, i'd share the wealth with my peeps on AtariAge...it was kind of a gesture of gratitude man. I said a little ways back in the thread that i do this mostly for "FUN"...that's what games are made for in the first place after all. ;) It just kind of eats at me to have a big rare thing, but with some kind of problem...you know ? Anyway, the wealth shall still be passed down eventually, but untill that next R10 comes my way, it shall be drooled over every day here at my place. :):):)

Eli will find a nice new home with somebody here on AtariAge. :wink: How many R10's are there anyway ?

You just got it to sell it ? :sad:

That's not what i meant at all CPU... I'm a rabid perfectionist, and i meant if i ever get a hold of another R10, i'd share the wealth with my peeps on AtariAge...it was kind of a gesture of gratitude man. I said a little ways back in the thread that i do this mostly for "FUN"...that's what games are made for in the first place after all. ;) It just kind of eats at me to have a big rare thing, but with some kind of problem...you know ? Anyway, the wealth shall still be passed down eventually, but untill that next R10 comes my way, it shall be drooled over every day here at my place. :):):)

Ahh, that makes me feel better. :)

Drool, yes, I know that sort of feeling. :D

framedprotos.jpg

I can't make out the titles there - what are they!  

And, just for shits and giggles, what's that whole case worth?

Top right is Asterix NTSC

Quadrun, Xevious, The Last Starfighter

Rabbit Transit, A-Team, Klax NTSC

Worth ? Way too much. :skull:

Did you just say Last Starfighter?

But aren't those all 2600 carts?  So is that actuallly a Solaris Prototype before the Solaris name?

Explain? as I thought The Last Starfighter was only on the 5200 and 8-bits?

:D

A while ago ...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21574