IGNORED

Were the Chalkboard games really released?

ianoid

The following Chalkboard carts have been confirmed to exist for the A8:

"Bearjam"

"'Leo's Lectric Paintbrush"

"MicroMaestro"

"Micro Illustrator"

"Logic Games"

The Chalkboard "Programming Kit" was theoretically released in cart format, but most users have this one on disk.

I do not know what the status of "'Leos Links" is. All of the powerpad carts are very rare, as they definitely had limited releases.

I would doubt that Chalkboard released any other programs for the A8 platform, as the company went bankrupt in 1985. I understand that there are a small number of PD games that can use graphic tablets as interface devices.

• Like 1

Yeah, I just seen one of them without games on ebay, but it got ended before I could bid on it. I emailed the seller and they said they got offered 75 for it. And I do remember seeing one a while back with three games and I think that went for over 120. I was pissed that that other one got stolen out from under me though. It was on my watchlist and my sniper was all set up. :x

The Chalkboard "Programming Kit" was theoretically released in cart format, but most users have this one on disk.  

:) To elaborate, the box says cartridge on a little yellow sticker. This appears to be a mistake. They just put a sticker on all boxes. In fact, it is the only thing that identifies the product as for the Atari. A cartridge makes no sense because the routines on disk are assembler and BASIC. You would need a programming cart plugged in to use them. In short, there is no reason for a cartridge unless they had their own programming language.

I do not know what the status of "'Leos Links" is.  

Deleted it from my list. Since no one had one, I examined the product announcements in Analog (or maybe it was Antic). All other titles were announced, but "Leos Links" was never mentioned! It probably got on the Atari list because there is a C64 version.

Has anyone confirmed that they exist in cartridge (or any) form for the Atari computers?

I definitely have found several copies of each game complete for Commodore-64, but never heard of or seen confirmation of the titles for Atari 8-bit.

ian

Chalkboard -- oh goodness. I have given up on getting one of those things to work. I have had two boxed, and neither worked well at all.

I do have the box and overlay for LOGIC MASTER (Not "Logic Games"), and I have a boxed, complete MicroMaestro.

I had a boxed Leo's Lectric Paintbrush, but traded to Arnaud (Ecunet_Fr) for a Carnival Massacre and Supercharger cart.

If anyone is interested in the MicroMaestro boxed, just let me know -- I am giving up on ever getting a chalkboard to work. Also, if anyone thinks they could fix the chalkboards, let me know -- like I said, I have two boxed

The things are just so HUGE -- the cart boxes are just as huge as the actual chalkboard!

Rob Catron

Frankfort, KY

The following Chalkboard carts have been confirmed to exist for the A8:

"Bearjam"

"'Leo's Lectric Paintbrush"

"MicroMaestro"

"Micro Illustrator"

"Logic Games"

I do not know what the status of "'Leos Links" is. All of the powerpad carts are very rare, as they definitely had limited releases.

I would doubt that Chalkboard released any other programs for the A8 platform, as the company went bankrupt in 1985. I understand that there are a small number of PD games that can use graphic tablets as interface devices.

The one I have is called "LOGIC MASTER" -- not "Logic Games"

Rob Catron

Frankfort, KY

• 8 years later...

I have Chalkboards boxed versions 400/800:

-BearJam

-MicroMaestro (thanx Rob :))

-Leo's 'lectric Paintbrush

-LogicMaster

-Programming Kit

But what is the deal with Micro Illustrator? Atarimania discusses in a compatibility page but under Chaulkboard it doesn't list this one?

Edited by chrislynn5

Has anyone confirmed that they exist in cartridge (or any) form for the Atari computers?

I definitely have found several copies of each game complete for Commodore-64, but never heard of or seen confirmation of the titles for Atari 8-bit.

ian

Here is my collection of ChalkBoard and PowerPad applications for the Atari Computers.

I'm still looking for BearJam.

post-10849-0-71447300-1345758568_thumb.jpgpost-10849-0-09261900-1345758588_thumb.jpg

And here are the ROM's for the Carts.

ChalkBoard Carts.zip

Also would someone post the "Programming Kit" Image.

Thanks,

Doug

Because it should be in the utilities section and that part of the site is piss poor. We only listed a few hundred titles out of the 5,000+ that are out there.

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

I love your website, piss poor or not. What makes the decesion to go into utlity or game? Most of the Chalkboard stuff is located in game?

• 9 months later...

I've since picked up a few of these. I only need Bear Jam, Leo's Lectric Paintbrush and the packaging for Micro-Illustrator. Anyone with spares, I'll pay market rates.

Thanks for the reply/quote. Cool stuff!

You still looking for Chalkboard items? I have run across another bearJam (the hardest to find, by far). And Leo's I have.

Edited by chrislynn5

• 3 years later...
  • 7 years later...
On 12/13/2003 at 11:04 PM, Callipygous said:

:) To elaborate, the box says cartridge on a little yellow sticker. This appears to be a mistake. They just put a sticker on all boxes. In fact, it is the only thing that identifies the product as for the Atari. A cartridge makes no sense because the routines on disk are assembler and BASIC. You would need a programming cart plugged in to use them. In short, there is no reason for a cartridge unless they had their own programming language.

Deleted it from my list. Since no one had one, I examined the product announcements in Analog (or maybe it was Antic). All other titles were announced, but "Leos Links" was never mentioned! It probably got on the Atari list because there is a C64 version.

I have the following items: 

~ The Atari 800 XL Home Computer 64K Ram; in its original packaging, gently used.

~ Chalkboard Games: MicroMaestro, LogicMaster, BearJam & Leo’s ‘Lectric Paintbrush; all in the original packaging, gently used. 
~ Jim Henson’s Muppet Learning Keys Kid’s Computer Keyboard, in its original packaging, gently used.

Contact info: Karenlm26@yahoo.com if you are interested in purchasing any of these items before I post them across all platforms.
Pictures can be provided upon request!