IGNORED

Action games that can be played with one hand:

D.Yancey

What action games have you ever just played with one hand? This could be when you were bored, needed to give another lesser player an added advantage, it was dinner time ;) , or just to show off! I'll start off the list with a couple:

Freeway by Activision

Kaboom! by Activision

Adventure by Atari

Dragster by Activision

Yars' Revenge by Atari (this one was also listed in the "button masher" thread, but if you "eat" the walls instead of shooting them, you rarely need to hit the button.)

Maybe I can think of more later... This should really be a fun story swapping thread!! :D

Here's a note of interest: I've challenged Todd Rogers to play me in Dragster while we are both blindfolded. You must play by the sound only. We would not play simultaneously because it is much to difficult to discern between the sound of you own dragster and your opponent's. The other player could then let you know if you left the starting line early too, so you could just let the engine blow and reset the game with the stick. This will be fun. Maybe we could make it one handed also! :)

D.Yancey put the apostrophe of Yars' Revenge in the wrong place, so he must be spanked publicly, have his feet and hands cut off, and then be forced to drink his own blood. It's not a big deal though, so that's all the punishment he should receive.

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...wareLabelID=603

I don't think I ever played a game with just one hand.

D.Yancey put the apostrophe of Yars' Revenge in the wrong place, so he must be spanked publicly, have his feet and hands cut off, and then be forced to drink his own blood. It's not a big deal though, so that's all the punishment he should receive.

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=603

I talked to HSW for a while thru PM and he told me that originally Atari wanted to have him do a conversion of the arcade game Star Castle But he thought it would be too hard to convert, because of the vector graphics, so he pitched his own idea for a game that turned out to be Yars' Revenge. I also tried playing star casle on the MAME and it is a very tough game, because the rings keep maultaplying. That would be a lot cooler if yars' regenerated the shield like star castle does. Maybe a hack that could be made :ponder:

I talked to HSW for a while thru PM and he told me that originally Atari wanted to have him do a conversion of the arcade game Star Castle But he thought it would be too hard to convert, because of the vector graphics, so he pitched his own idea for a game that turned out to be Yars' Revenge. I also tried playing star casle on the MAME and it is a very tough game, because the rings keep maultaplying. That would be a lot cooler if yars' regenerated the shield like star castle does. Maybe a hack that could be made :ponder:

Yeah, you can read much of that here:

http://www.digitpress.com/archives/arc00131.htm

I do like Yars' Revenge much better than Star Castle.

Yeah, you can read much of that here:

http://www.digitpress.com/archives/arc00131.htm

I do like Yars' Revenge much better than Star Castle.

Yeah, I started another thread about that topic already too, Thanks for the interview, I don't think I have read this one yet. :)