IGNORED

Who here likes Beamrider?

Csonicgo

I used to hate this game but I got better at it somehow, and now I'm already eligible for a patch. Who else likes this game? What do you like about it? what's your stories with it? here's mine, pretty recent...

I just got Anthology for GBA. My parents were talking to this bald man in a kiosk at Wal-mart selling cell phones. he was talking BS about how color displays ruin the signal of a phone.... i was so angry at this guy- how did he pass through the bs detector dept. at cingular? so I ran somewhere and fired up beamrider. suddenly I felt better, I guess blowing stuff up kinda curbed my rage. anyways.... :ponder:

I LOVE Beamrider! I've been to at least Sector 36. The key is getting good at picking up the extra ship and hitting the mother ship at the end of each level. When you hit the mother ship, you get bonus points for each extra ship you have in reserve. I've had more extra ships than can be displayed which really pumps up your score as long as you nail the mother!

I LOVE Beamrider! I've been to at least Sector 36. The key is getting good at picking up the extra ship and hitting the mother ship at the end of each level. When you hit the mother ship, you get bonus points for each extra ship you have in reserve. I've had more extra ships than can be displayed which really pumps up your score as long as you nail the mother!

The mother.... all I could see was that bald man's head passing by- I fired 3 missles at it. and it blew up... all of a sudden, I wasn't mad anymore!

What is the max number of extra ships you can have at one time? I've gotten up to nine I know. Is it unlimited like Rampage by Activision?

At what level does the difficulty finally reach its maximum?

I like this game too! One day I will try to master it. I've gotten scores high enough for a patch, but not a great deal more.

I love Beamrider and feel that I am pretty good at it (not sector 36 good, more like sector 16 good :D ). I love all of the obstacles and enemies that litter the playfield and the two distinct areas of gameplay. Its a real challenge not too accidentally shoot your extra ship, and the "squatters" that appear later in the game are a total nuisance!

Great great fun, every time I play! :) :) :)

I love Beamrider.  All 3 versions I have (VCS, 5200, CV) are all good.  I play the CV one the most though and have never gotten past Wave 19.

You forgot Intellivision. It was available for Intellivision, too.

Actually the Intellivision version is the first Beamrider I ever played. My neighbor had it and we played it all the time. I was very happy when they released it for the 2600.

In Joey's defense, he only mentioned the Beamriders he has. He didn't claim that no others were released. I know this was released on cart for the Commodore 64 also. Any others?

I love Beamrider. All 3 versions I have (VCS, 5200, CV) are all good.  I play the CV one the most though and have never gotten past Wave 19.

You forgot Intellivision. It was available for Intellivision, too.

True, but I don't have it for INTV. :D

EDIT: Just noticed, cvga answered this for me, Thanks!

I don't know anything about David Rolfe but I love Beamrider. So far, I only have the INTV and 2600 versions though and I definitely prefer the 2600. I'm sure that comes from the fact that I'm more comfortable with a joystick than those INTV controllers. :) I wish some of the other INTV Activision games had been released for the 2600 like Worm Whomper and Happy Trails.

I have mixed feelings for this game now.... :(

Why? You don't like David Rolfe?

NO. He made fun of me, my parents, and called me dumb for buying Frogs and Flies! he said that game only teaches "oral sex". God that pissed me off. So, I am against him. He's the debbil.