IGNORED

Yars' Revenge was supposed to be like this.....

bjk7382

Yah, sorry. I got quick to respond because sometimes I think that everyone on the boards uses or is familiar with emulators. I had assumed that you'd misunderstood LostMonkey when he mentioned the sound samples. So I posted to poke a bit of fun... and maybe point out what he was saying. Right after I posted, I realized that it might be possible that you weren't all that familiar with Mame. So, I edited my post with the link. As it turns out, I was wrong either way. HAHA!

Anyways, I'm a moron. Don't listen to me.

Yah, sorry.  I got quick to respond because sometimes I think that everyone on the boards uses or is familiar with emulators.  I had assumed that you'd misunderstood LostMonkey when he mentioned the sound samples.  So I posted to poke a bit of fun...  and maybe point out what he was saying.  Right after I posted, I realized that it might be possible that you weren't all that familiar with Mame.  So, I edited my post with the link.  As it turns out, I was wrong either way.  HAHA!  

Anyways, I'm a moron.  Don't listen to me.

Yeah, I just downloaded my 1600 roms from Kazaa, and have never got into the mame scene. I have always had other emulators for the snes and genesis and sms but anyway, thanks for the links. I am off to play a game of Qix :D (I have been adicted to that game for a while on the Atari 8bit, but it is 10 times better on mame)

BTW.. I've NEVER liked Star Castle (I couldn't understand how some kids could be so good at it :ponder:). I suck at it of course. Haven't played it though in about 20 years....

Yeah, us Star Castle nuts never got along with the Space Invader freaks ;)

I don't know if I could pick one over the other, I played the hell out of both in the early 80's bowling alley days. :D

Another interesting bit of "Star Castle" trivia is that Cinematronics almost pulled the game from distribution when management learned that the background stars were, in fact, an outline of a nude pinup from OUI magazine!

By the same guy who did Galactic Chase (Galaxian clone-- better than Atari's version).

Thanks for the info! For all these years I thought that the lousy Atari version was the best that the 8Bit had to offer. I found a file to try out on the emulator. It really is a nice translation.

I have got to get around to picking up a SIO2PC cable!