IGNORED

pitfall ROM needed...

~llama

well, in all my discussion of Pitfall I've downloaded Stella downstairs on my iMac, and i cant find the Pitfall ROM anywhere on the internet (why isnt it available on AA?)

so if someone could PM me a link to Pitfall, i would be their friend forever (or at least a few weeks)

well, in all my discussion of Pitfall I've downloaded Stella downstairs on my iMac, and i cant find the Pitfall ROM anywhere on the internet (why isnt it available on AA?)

Because Activision asked AA to take it down.

i guess that makes sense, what with all the Anthologies being out and stuff...

Because Activision asked AA to take it down.

i guess that makes sense, what with all the Anthologies being out and stuff...

That's the situation. AA has a good relationship with Activision, and in fact, there's a guy from activision on here who's a regular AA forum denzien, (and a cool guy to boot :D )

In my opinion many Activision games do not work well with the modern controllers. Games like Kaboom for obvious reasons, but even a game like sea quest. I had a hard time with. My high score is about double using the ol Atari joystick, as opposed to the PS2 controller.

By the same token, there are other games that play better using the newer controllers... Pitfall and Pitfall 2 are included. I actually would rather play these games with pad.

I felt raw about AA taking down the Activision roms at first, especially because no one would give me a good explanation. As it turns out AtariAge was actively working with Activision to make that anthology a reality, taking down the ROMs was the right thing to do for everyone and allows Activison to fully protect their copyrights which they have every right to do. I think it was Thomas who finally explained it in an older thread. Activision could be real dicks about chasing down the ROMs all over the net but they'd rather just guide fans to their anthology through great sites like this one.

I just wanted to say that I felt bad about my early criticism, made before the AA-Anthology connection was publicized. I gotta say Ive never seen one instance where the AtarAge people didn't have the best interest of gamers at heart. And while I don't care for all their products, I have to say that Activision still treats the classic gamers better than we could have dreamed. If another 2600 company like Tigervision was still powerful today we may have had things a lot tougher.

This pic shows the zip folder, the date the folder was downloaded, and the date it was accessed.

Not that it matters, I just don't want to look like some fool who cried wolf just because its been fixed.

Suuuuuuree.. we believe you! :P :D

As for atari age and activision. It's nice to show they have some active interest in the user community. Unlike some other companies cough*ninten*cough*do... cough*cough :roll: