IGNORED

Alcohol- which type is best to clean carts?

Csonicgo

ok.. not to get in big debate here;) but I have litterally cleaned a few thousand games over the years.. I always like trying different chemicals for different jobs.. what I found best for games is a product called 'Air Intake Cleaner" this can be bought at any auto parts store. This product is not to be confused with Carb Spray,, but may also be called 'Throttle Body Cleaner". Its a product used to clean the hard-gunked carbon buildup on the back of throttle blades. If you like rubbing alcohal.. you will LOVE this stuff.. use a qtip.. try not to get alot of this on the case housing (it will melt M Network plastic). Ive had carts that I cleaned three times with rubbing alcohol and still wouldnt load up when pluged into my vcs.. than just a quick clean with this stuff.. bamm! ;) same with real sensitive or dirty paddle controllers,, if reg contact cleaner doesnt work.. one shot of this and they will! this stuff is caustic tho.. use with much more caution than you would use with alcohol.. like I said,, no debates please.. if you dont like this idea and want to preach alcohol.. fine.. but honestly.. Ive tried all types of cleaners,, and I clean every cart I sell.. and Im a lazy ass so I like to find the easiest way:) this is deff it..

post-4276-1072563046_thumb.jpg

I use standard 70/30 that you can buy in any Walgreens or Wal*Mart for all contacts. Don't buy the authentic brand Q-Tips though, the "stem" of either side of the swab is too soft. The knockoff brands are more rigid which ironically makes them better for cleaning contacts, cause you can really press those dipped cotton ends into the grime and rub firmly.

At Target they sell 70%, which they call "rubbing alcohol," and 91%, which they call "isopropyl alcohol." (Of course, BOTH are isopropyl, but that's not really important.)

I use 70%, just because it's cheaper. Both are really cheap though. And I would guess that if anything, the higher the alcohol content, the BETTER for cleaning contacts... because the rest of the stuff is water, and that could promote corrosion.