IGNORED

What is the point of US games

tiw

Trivia: US Games was actually a division of General Mills.

The "Name This Game" contest was about winning money, not just naming a game. Just a way to get publicity in a competitive and dying game market. The game still flopped because it really sucked. I don't think US Games had any commercial hits at all. I bought a couple of their games way back then but didnt like them. I've bough several as an adult and still don't like them.

That's a mistake in the Stella profile list of an earlier version of the emu . . .

Entombed isn't NTG, it's actually rarer than NTG . . .

And, no, nobody won (although I entered as a kid with something like "Scuba Shooter"), and it has actually gotten several names . . . Octopus, Galleons Gold, and I've heard another . . . Unlike most here, I actually like that game . . . Not terribly exciting, but fun occasionally.

Space Jockey was at least a minor hit, I would say . . . And maybe Towering Inferno, which is better than Fire Fighter, IMO . .

That's a mistake in the Stella profile list of an earlier version of the emu . . .

Entombed isn't NTG, it's actually rarer than NTG . . .

Hmm.. That's probably why I thought that.

OR

Maybe I have a mistake cart and they put Entombed in a case labeled with Name This Game!

No, I dont think I've ever put my copy in my 2600. :(

Ah well :)

Buck

Wasn't Command Raid an US Games release? It's a nice and beautiful game IMHO...

Eduardo Mello

Yes, it is . . . And it's probably the best non-Missile Command game of its genre (better than Atlantis, IMO) . . . I wonder why the mysterious Men-A-Vision pirate didn't use it as a basis for Air Raid instead of SJ, since the gameplay would've been quite a bit closer . . .