IGNORED

Game Boy's.. name those colors!

Jasoco

I'd like to compile a complete list of all the colors of each game boy that was released from the original brick to the new SP. Let's see what we can do. I'll name all I can think of:

Original:

Grey

Original "Play It Loud" series:

Red

Yellow

Blue

Green

Black

Clear

Pocket:

Silver

??

Color:

Atomic Purple (Clear purple)

??

Advance:

Arctic (White)

Indigo (Purple)

Clear Purple

Fuscia (Pink clear)

Black (At TRU Only)

Advance SP:

Platinum (Silver)

Onyx (Black)

Flame (Red)

Cobalt (Blue)

Gold (Exclusive SMB3 only)

I am missing a lot on that list. Also feel free to mention Japanese or other country specific releases. As well as special "Pokémon and other game editions.

Or maybe there's already a list somewhere. Either way..

Thanks. There's just so many of them.

Pocket was also available in Ice Blue (Target exclusive I believe) and Gold (TRU exclusive) I have the Gold version. There's also Gameboy Light, a Japanese pocket with built in indiglo light. Not very good and the light do eventually fade to dim after so many years.

Advance is available in Red as well (Target Exclusive)

There's also Pokemon edition Orange GBC, Pokiemon orange SP, Pokemon blue SP,okemon red SP, and etc. etc.

Japan has Famicom edition SP (cream, red, and gold color) and Boktai edition SP (red and black) and many assorted colored Advance. Also Pearl Pink and Pearl Blue and finally White! (Is Nintendo trying to top Apple for the most fruity color line???)

I did the only sensible thing: raped eBay for every images I could find. I found a lot including a few I forget and a few more I didn't know. I then put together a quick web page at http://personalpages.tds.net/~wilykat/gb/FrameSet.htm

It has every single Gameboy, pocket, Color, Advance, and SP. I may be missing a few more. And I'm not including Super Gameboy, Super gameboy 2 (Japane only, plays Color games), and all colors of Gameboy Player including Panasonic Q version.

EDIT: I forgot about Spice, orange colored GBA from Japan.

Hey the Advance comes in Platinum too.

Advance:

Orange

Glacier (Clear Purple)

Platinum (or Silver)

Gold

Hello Kitty ( :ponder: what colour could that be .... :P)

Milky Pink

SP:

Kyogre Blue

Groudon Red

Mana-Blue & Legend of Seiken Edition

Pokemon Torchic Orange Edition

Pearl Pink

Pearl Blue

Flame Red

onyx black

azurite blue

Pearl White FF Tactics Edition

Thats everything at lik-sang ;)

My hands arent even big, but its still to small for me. I'm going to buy either a 20 hour battery, a game switcher, or just a grip to make it bigger and more comfortable to hold.
I was being sarcastic.

One modern gamer too many has told me that if I can't comfortably hold the GBASP while worshipping the stupid thing because it has a near-useless light and proprietary battery pack, I'm seriousely messed up.

I saw that Game Boy Light and thought, "Hey! I had that idea YEARS ago!" I had said they should use "Indiglo" technology to backlight the things. By the looks of those pictures, they did. Nintendo's been reading my thoughts! Grrrrrr... They'd better not be reading them between 6 and 7.. that's Jasoco's time!

One modern gamer too many has told me that if I can't comfortably hold the GBASP while worshipping the stupid thing because it has a near-useless light and proprietary battery pack, I'm seriousely messed up.

LOL -- heh, while I would have to wholehartedly agree that the damn thing is very uncomfortable, I would have to say that the light is definelty not near-useless and having a propietary battery pack isn't that big of a deal. Sure, it will be annoying 10 years from now, but given Nintendo's track record with the GB, you'll be able to play all your GBA games on whatever the current GB console is.

BTW -- does anyone know where you can get that Famicom SP in the US? That just looks so cool and retro, kinda like a Game & Watch game :)