IGNORED

Video Game Brain

skippy5c

The Game Brain is a Atari 2600 cartridge unit that holds six carts in its slots, it has a cord that goes to a plug unit that looks like a cartridge that plugs into your 2600 system. So when you have your favorite 6 atari games loaded into the Game Brain, then all you have to do is push the button next to the game you want to play and thats it, you do not have to keep swithing game carts out of your 2600. It was made by RGA International Ltd and made in Hong Kong.

:ponder: 8) 8)

Here is a picture of the one I have in its box.

post-88-1072811170_thumb.jpg

So that's it's only point...just so you don't have to keep removing and reseating cartridges?  I thought (hoped) it was more like a game genie that let you save games at a certain point so you could continue where you left off.....

Why would you want to save your games? Most Atari games have no ultimate goal to them :D

sku_u Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Point?  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would you want to save your games? Most Atari games have no ultimate goal to them

Oh I don't know...I guess because I'm not that good at them....and some of them I'd like to play the higher levels....at least once! lol

So that's it's only point...just so you don't have to keep removing and reseating cartridges?  I thought (hoped) it was more like a game genie that let you save games at a certain point so you could continue where you left off.....

Why would you want to save your games? Most Atari games have no ultimate goal to them :D

There have been more than a few occassions where I wish my 2600 had a pause or save game feature when I'm working on a marathon session of my favorite game only to have something come up.

There have been more than a few occassions where I wish my 2600 had a pause or save game feature when I'm working on a marathon session of my favorite game only to have something come up.

Some games have a pause feature (only a small handful). In Fast Eddie, you can click over the color/bw switch to pause the game.

Some games have a pause feature (only a small handful). In Fast Eddie, you can click over the color/bw switch to pause the game.

Of course, there are always exceptions. :)

However, the games that really need a pause feature (Dark Chambers, Berzerk, Adventure, Haunted House, Asteroids, Yars Revenge, Missile Command, etc.) never seem to have them!

Of course, there are always exceptions. :)

However, the games that really need a pause feature (Dark Chambers, Berzerk, Adventure, Haunted House, Asteroids, Yars Revenge, Missile Command, etc.) never seem to have them!

A pause feature would be a nice hack for someone to work on. I'd like to be able to pause certain games as well.

There is such a thing as a game-genie for the 2600 but only about 8-10 units exist and hence it is very rare and valuable. One of our members here owns one (Marco) and he posted a picture of it (attached).

Info about it can be found here: http://www.atarihq.com/museum/2678/hardware/pgp-1.html

:)

pgp_1_1.jpg

There is such a thing as a game-genie for the 2600 but only about 8-10 units exist and hence it is very rare and valuable. One of our members here owns one (Marco) and he posted a picture of it (attached).

Info about it can be found here: http://www.atarihq.com/museum/2678/hardware/pgp-1.html

:)

It really stinks that Answer never got off the ground. Their games and products are all above average compared to many other third party companies that made games/hardware for the VCS.