IGNORED

Game Storage

skippy5c

Well some people make there own, but Atari has a few that hold loose carts and there manuals. The first unit hold 8 carts, the second one holds 14 carts.

Here are some of the ones I have and you can get them off of ebay or places like www.worldofatari.com and a few others.

:ponder: :idea: :idea:

post-88-1072813911_thumb.jpg

post-88-1072813912_thumb.jpg

There are also modular 4 cart storeage tyhat can be locked together to build a larger structure. I've been looking for some more MusicMate brand 4 cart holder units. I just want enough to hold all CV and 7800 games I got and some more.

2600 will have its own shelf as I got probably 500 of them (300 unique games and there's 200 more dupes)

There are also modular 4 cart storeage tyhat can be locked together to build a larger structure.  I've been looking for some more MusicMate brand 4 cart holder units.   I just want enough to hold all CV and 7800 games I got and some more.

2600 will have its own shelf as I got probably 500 of them (300 unique games and there's 200 more dupes)

Yep, I like those myself, I keep my loose Brazillian carts in those. :)

brazil.jpg

Ikea - Home of the very good quality, and very overpriced shelves.

Go to wal-mart, get a casette tape rack for $10.

lets see , i got the shelves for 12 bucks canadian each,

that's about 8 bucks U.S...doesn't seem overpriced to me,

considering i'm using the drawers to store stuff in the basement :)

8 bucks US? You're getting ripped off! A 1"x8"x8' can be bought for a few bucks and when you cut them down to 2x 3" strips, you can build a shelf. My calculation for a 26"x 5'8" shelf (I have sloped ceiling in my room and 5'10" the lowest point) and theoriclally I can cram in a total of 700 2600 sized carts. I don't know what the final cost could be since I already got nails and scrap peg board for the back.

Of course extra drawers could be nice if they don't rot from the moisture in the basement. ;) I wish I could waterproof the basement but getting that done to a 110 year old basement would be a challenge.

lets see , i got the shelves for 12 bucks canadian each,

that's about 8 bucks U.S...doesn't seem overpriced to me,

considering i'm using the drawers to store stuff in the basement :)

Didn't know they made low end stuff too. Everytime someone brings up Ikea, I end up getting sent to THIS link:

<a href="http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&categoryId=10514&langId=-1&parentCats=10104*10173*10514&cattype=sub">Ikea</a>

Small Tint Stacking Drawer for $5.99 from The Container Store.

I've now got 7 of them. 2 hold controllers, the rest hold cartridges.

Each drawer can hold 36 cartridges. They stack for easy storage and the Atari fits perfectly in the indentation on the topmost drawer.

Only problem I've found is with the M-Network cartridges - they're too tall to fit the drawer, so I just lay them down in the backmost row.

The AA store was selling some for awhile, I think they ran out thou. They came from Bags Unlimited, I think back before the AA store was here, Al use to have a site up called Austin Video Games, he had a neat little collection tips page setup then, and the bags were a part of it back then! I got a catalog back then but never ordered anything from them, just recently bought some when I picked up some homebrews from the AA store. But the last couple times I've ordered or looked to place an order they still weren't in stock.

As far as shelves go, you could always build one!

post-43-1073183633_thumb.jpg

post-43-1073183634_thumb.jpg