IGNORED

Oystron on the GBA activision anthology

oystron

I think Oystron plays well on the GBA. It's only slightly slower than the original, which is nice considering how hard the game is ;)

Oystron and a few of the other homebrews really shine on this collection. Vault Assault, Skelton+, and Space Treat are all getting playtime on my end :)

I agree completely. I got Oystron from Hozer a couple years ago. I often play it on the 2600 and it's great but it kicks my but. I found the GBA version to be much simpler (in a good way). It didn't seem slower, I just seemed to be much better at it on the small screen. OK, it's a little slower and I still suck at it, but I thought it played and of course looked great. I wish Starfire, Gunfighter, Backfire and a few other Homebrews were included as well.

You know after I responded to this thread I've been playing Oystron on the GBA all day :)

It's hard to notice the slow down unless you drop the GBA version and check out the 2600 version right away. It's still a very challenging and fun game. I think my high score is only in the 8,000 range, need to check the cart with it's cool high score saving 8)

I think Oystron plays well on the GBA.  It's only slightly slower than the original, which is nice considering how hard the game is ;)

I agree, Oystron is a tough game but it plays great on the GBA. I don't know how much slower it is (only a hair), but that probably does help to make it a touch easier. However, I think your ship is easier to control with an Atari CX-40 joystick versus the GBA's directional pad, so it's a fair trade-off. :)

..Al

Rapidly, there are fewer and fewer good reasons for me to leave my home anymore :D

Isn't the whole purpose of the Gameboy Advance so you can take your gaming with you? On the go? Outside of the home? ;)

..Al

True! I was referring to the Midway compiliation actually. The GBA keeps me busy on the train every morning to work and now that I got the GBA anthology, I can finally play Pressure Cooker on the LIRR.