IGNORED

VCS just out of mothballs- output problems?

The Veg

Hey all,

New guy here, and I have a question. I just unboxed a 2600 that I've had since about 1993 but have not used for about three or four years. I have a problem with the video and audio outputs but before I describe the problem I'll describe what I've done so far:

Dusted everything off

Untangled cords (not very tangled)

Connected all cords to VCS

Plugged in power supply

Connected signal switch to VCR (which functions as my video switching unit what with VCR, DVD, etc.), using 75-300 ohm matching transformer to overcome twin-spade-to-coax connector incompatibility

At this point I turned it on and got nothing, just the blue screen the VCR makes when there is no input. So then I:

Connected signal switch to TV coax input using 75-300 ohm transformer

I turned on the VCS again and I get a picture, but no colour and the sound is mostly static with faint Atari sounds lost in it. The signal switch position was double-checked, and then toggled several times to clear the contacts. Check position again- same results. Check channel position, all connections, rotate RCA connetcor on signal cord, try several carts. After all that the symptom remains the same. I will also point out that the VCS worked perfectly before its storage period and with the same TV set.

So what do you guys think? Don't be afraid to get technical with your answers as I'm a former RF technician.

Thanks in advance!