IGNORED

Another World - Game or Demo?

starraider

Does anyone know the story behind another world on the atari?

this game made by delphine software is from 92 and i can't believe that they made a conversion of this full price game....

i used to play it on the amiga back then, it had really nice graphics, but the gameplay sucked bad.....

This seems to be an unfinished game that was written by Polish programmer (Robert Drag).  Only part of the game is playable - it hangs somewhere...  :|

The disk directory on the A8 single-sided disk version (not the cracked executable) seems to reveal several levels, does anybody have further info? The game seems to hang when you're trapped in the cage but are there other parts?

++

RC

++

• 1 year later...
After move and press the joystick button in any order, then I get the next screen. If I dont remember bad in PC you must move the cage with your own weight until escape.

Anyone had passed this level ?

post-6191-1132546349_thumb.png

969157[/snapback]

I have the 3DO version(re-titled as 'Out of this World', but the same game)

and that last screenshot looks proper in as much as that's the scene once you break the cage and are ready to head to the next level (screen), but it looks like you have some garbage on-screen in that pic, so I'd think it's either the end of the code, or there is a program-crashing bug right there.

The programmer did an AWSOME job on this 8-bit version, what was done, I can instantly recognize everything from the 3DO version in the 8-bit scenes, which is saying a LOT for the limited colors, resolution and power of the A8, that it's recognizable to the 32-bit version! I'd hped that the game was finished and I had just downloaded a bad image or else it was an NTSC/PAL incompatibility, but I've been told since that it's incomplete. Pitty.

It was just a demo. Ive played it and that picture someone posted doesnt

do it any justice. If you really anaylize the original Amiga version, you can

see the game doesnt do much and uses the standard Amiga 16 color mode

(same thing with Flashback the other game

fom Delphine software) and that is why it was translated to nearly every

platform known to man at the time (even the SNES/Genesis) the 8bit's were

just too old to get a port even tho they could manage a somewhat respectable

version.