IGNORED

Kaboom! on the GBA

cvga

Is it even possible to get the patch for Kaboom on the GameBoy? Without the paddle controls, I'm having a tough time clearing even a few levels let alone enough for 3,000 points! I like being able to use the shoulder buttons but they're not a good enough substitute for the paddles :sad:

I don't own it but I wonder if they even playtested the patch scores to see if they were possible. Maybe some geek playtested it and actually got it :ponder:

Yes, every single game was playtested by multiple people to ensure that the patches were obtainable, but I'm not sure what happened specifically with Kaboom! I was one of the people involved in this testing and played a large number of the games far enough to get at least one patch. :)

..Al

From what I have seen, the GB Player just uses the analog stick as digital switch inputs. Makes for a tricky game of Centipede on the Atari Anniv. cart. Cant ever seem to get the little guy lined up right. That would have been a great feature to have the analog stick control.

Slightly off topic:

Is there any portable that uses analog controls (other than the Microvision :) )?

Cassidy

I'm curious, would they have been smart enough to have Kaboom work with the analog controllers when playing through the GameBoy adaptor for the GameCube? This at least would be a bit easier to deal with...

It may not even be possible to access the additional controller features of the full-blown GameCube controller when using the GBA Player. Do any GBA games use the analog stick?

..Al