IGNORED

5200 Tapper?

kenfused

Before I continue finishing up a converion of Tapper to the 5200, I just want to make sure no prototype of exists. Also, does anyone know on the 8-bit version what the copyright message should say at the bottom of the screen. I have yet to see a non-hacked version of the game. If not, does anyone have a guess of the year.

You know, Tapper seems like a natural for a 5200, especially with the style of joystick that comes standard. You could really get the arcade feel of pulling that handle in a way no other emulator comes close to! I might have to install a metal railing around my 5200 and a Budweiser sign hanging over the TV it's hooked up to if you finish the game. :D

You know, Tapper seems like a natural for a 5200, especially with the style of joystick that comes standard.  You could really get the arcade feel of pulling that handle in a way no other emulator comes close to!  I might have to install a metal railing around my 5200 and a Budweiser sign hanging over the TV it's hooked up to if you finish the game. :D

New 5200 controller announced! CX59 Pub/Bar controller. Comes with four long bars, four tap handles, four kegs, and four mugs. Hook up your 5200 to a projection screen, set up CX59 accessories and the fun will begun!

*Not recommended for children under 21.

*Not recommended for people with heart conditions.

:D

Allan

You know, Tapper seems like a natural for a 5200, especially with the style of joystick that comes standard.  You could really get the arcade feel of pulling that handle in a way no other emulator comes close to!  I might have to install a metal railing around my 5200 and a Budweiser sign hanging over the TV it's hooked up to if you finish the game. :D
How would up/down/left/right be implemented. Wouldn't it be a little hard to play unless the joystick snapped back. I am assuming you mean using the joystick as the tap button

Its a port of the 8-bit computer version. It's possible this version may still have dli graphics issues since it needed some adjustments since the 5200 takes longer than the computers to call your DLI routine. I could not make it to the space bar to check it out and fix it yet. If anyone makes it there in Atari800Win PLusm Press F8, type M 206, and give me the first two hex values if it is glitching a lot. The first screen had one minor glitch in emulation (a blinky pixel on the hat of one of the characters on the top row) so it might be worse on the real thing.

tapper.zip

Absolutely.  Use the stick as the tap, and to run left and right, how about those buttons on either side of the controller?

Yes, but then you'd still need to move up and down as well.

While we're on the subject of recommending alternate control schemes, how about one where the player 1 joystick controls the character's movement, and the player 2 joystick controls the tap? This would be particularly great for the people who have a dual controller holder.

Absolutely.  Use the stick as the tap, and to run left and right, how about those buttons on either side of the controller?

While we're on the subject of recommending alternate control schemes, how about one where the player 1 joystick controls the character's movement, and the player 2 joystick controls the tap? This would be particularly great for the people who have a dual controller holder.

Indeed, that would be a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

Another possible mod would be to incorporate the keypads on the controllers into the game for movement, similar to how one can use the keypad to move in Frogger. In that case, the joystick could be the "tap" and 2,4,6 and 8 could control the bar keep's l,u,r,d movements. An overlay would be easy to create using the frogger overlay as a template. I'd even create a set (if kenfused did this mod) for people if they wanted overlays, since this would be a small run anyway :D

Indeed, that would be a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

Another possible mod would be to incorporate the keypads on the controllers into the game for movement, similar to how one can use the keypad to move in Frogger. In that case, the joystick could be the "tap" and 2,4,6 and 8 could control the bar keep's l,u,r,d movements. An overlay would be easy to create using the frogger overlay as a template. I'd even create a set (if kenfused did this mod) for people if they wanted overlays, since this would be a small run anyway :D

The game originally had support for joystick or keyboard control, so adding one other control scheme shouldn't be that hard. I considered doing the numeric keypad control thing. I would like to know if this version had the space bar or not, and how it looks. I have only been able to make it to level 9 thus far.

• 4 weeks later...