IGNORED

A question about Activision Tennis

bob neil

Uhm, where is a computer in two player games? :?  :wink:

Tennis' player vs. computer mode is actually pretty good. Although once you figure out where to stand when returning serves, it's pretty easy to beat. (It would have been nice if they could have varied where the computer serves to.)

It makes for a pretty good time-killer, though. Same with Ice Hockey.

RealSports Tennis was a nice improvement over Activision's. You could control how hard you hit the ball, and enter your name on the scoreboard.

It is still a killer 2 player game (player 2 is blue by the way ;) ) I just played it for about an hour the other day with one of my friends. And he is the type that likes modern gaming better than classic. But he got real competitive and eventually kicked my ass on Tennis.

BTW: Activision tennis is way better than Atari tennis

Interestingly they're quite similar.  Check out the side by side comparision (bottom of the page):

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/r...is/rstennis.htm

Tempest

I have played both of them side by side and there are slight differences in gameplay. As a two player game I think activision's tennis is better. It is only an opinion, so don't jump all over my case. :P