IGNORED

Matterhorn #4

Andre

Well, my max bid for Matterhorn was much higher than the final price. I didn't expect to see one on eBay for a long time, and, even in less than perfect condition, I am very happy indeed with the deal.

@robcatron:

The volatility of 8-bit prices is clear, as is the fact that they are generally very low right now. I suspect that it will pick up again. I often wonder whether, because of the passage of time, everyone who knew the Atari machines way back when will become too old and/or disinterested to collect this stuff. However, a recent thread here suggests that there are several A8 enthusiasts who are (relatively!) young, and I'm encouraged by that.

I take the fact that prices are low right now as an indicator that it's a good time to buy, and not such a good time to sell. Although I did get close to $100 for a BBSB last weekend...

It is sad that Orc Attack should make so little. A fairly rare and fairly violent game like that should always have a ready market!

You know, it looks like I would have learned my lesson on Orc Attack. I listed my other loose spare last weekend. I can't really hook onto any good trades now, anyway!

Oh well, my TI games are going to do quite well (that means I can get more Atari stuff!).

I was really tempted to sell off my Intellivision collection, but decided against it at the last minute. It's just worth too much, and is too much fun (even with those crappy controllers)

Congrats on the Matterhorn. Now, where's one of those Espials? Now, I would vote Espial to be rarer, as in the last two years, I have only seen the one that I sold (and Andre has it now).

Does anyone else know of anybody who has an Espial?

• 4 weeks later...