IGNORED

Tetris for Atari?

Fredde

Where can I get the EdTris, and Tetris26 roms from?   Can anybody pm me the roms?  Or does anybody know where they are at least?  I'd like to play them, just out of curisoty, but neither are available on AA's list.

There you go! :)

BTW: Does anybody have ever seen a cart or dump from Z-Blocks?

EDIT: Removed Edtris ROMs

tetris.zip

Doesn't work for me (17 bytes). :(

Here are all three versions that I have.

The file either isn't there or it's corrupted over at Biglist.

I think I'm going to have to make a one-time pass through all attachments to cache them locally at TheDig to provide a backup mechanism just in case. I wonder if any other attachments have this problem currently.

The file either isn't there or it's corrupted over at Biglist.

:idea: I think it's a Biglist problem. I tried to download Eckhard's Cubis and it had the same size.

Eckhard removed Cubis from public distribution for fear of The Tetris Company coming down on him for it. TTC has made some indication that they're going after Tetris clones, but I'm not sure how much they actually have.

As far as Edtris goes, I think it's just that Ed made the game as a cart and wants it to stay that way. I think he basically just doesn't want to lose control of his intellectual property.

BTW, since it's been almost a decade now since EdTris came out, maybe Ed wouldn't mind it being freely circulated.

Maybe we should try contacting him and see what he thinks?

Maybe Atari Age can offer a 10 year anniversary edition of EdTris, and after a while of offering that, then put the ROM image in the database.

• 4 months later...

I can understand somebody wishing to not circulate their work freely but on the other hand when you create a complete clone of someone else's work (Alexy Pajitnov), it is a little shady to claim it as intellectual property. Of course, it's only hearsay that Ed wants control for this reason.