IGNORED

Activision's Space Shuttle

bob neil

I could never get that last docking AND land with 7500 fuel...and AFAIK, there has only been ONE person that managed to do it (but I can't seem to locate the thread where he showed up and posted a letter to that effect). Though there was also another person that had earned nearly every patch AcTiVision awarded back in the day...he was shown being given a tour of the company in a newsletter. He also may have earned it...tho it didn't list the patches he won.

Never could do it without cheating...that is 8)

http://atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25531

BTW if you do dock more than six times, the counter simply remains at 6 (so it just awards you with the extra fuel). Landing after docking more than 6 times will just display the same thing (pilot rank if you are under 7500 units of fuel, the commander screen if you have at least that much left). Scott and I were playing around with hacks that added huge amounts of dockings way back when...but it didn't have any effect. Once you get at least 6, another flag is set by the program...so even a rollover won't affect it - the game will still consider your 6 dockings valid.

I could never get that last docking AND land with 7500 fuel...and AFAIK, there has only been ONE person that managed to do it

Back in the day, I was able to dock with ease, over and over again. I did land with the highest ranking too, but that was about 15 years ago...

I STILL haven't gotten the hang of this incredible game, despite invaluable help from numerous AA'ers. I can now successfully dock with the orbiter, and I can begin the re-entry sequence but somewhere between there and the runway, it all goes to pot. Ah well, I'll keep trying!

Still, an INCREDIBLE game.

I have tried it a few times but I am never able to dock, and then it continues on and I land with a no good rank. I haven't read that much about it though, so eventually I will get the hang of it.

If it's continuing on it's own, you must be playing game 1 (where everything is running on automatic). That is the reason that you are getting a low rank. You need to play 2 or 3 to get better ranks.

I have tried it a few times but I am never able to dock, and then it continues on and I land with a no good rank. I haven't read that much about it though, so eventually I will get the hang of it.

If it's continuing on it's own, you must be playing game 1 (where everything is running on automatic). That is the reason that you are getting a low rank. You need to play 2 or 3 to get better ranks.

Yeah, I just threw it in a couple times without really trying too much. I guess I will search thru some old threads, and see if I can find some tips on how to do good.

It's easy to get a TV pic with a regular camera. That's how everyone earned their patches (back in my day there were no digital cameras, video games cost only a quarter and we walked 10 miles in the snow to school). Just turn out the lights and take a couple of shots in case you take a shot before the score is scanned.