IGNORED

Made in Taiwan ??? by atari, very odd

CincYnoTi

last night i found something that surprised me... an atari 2600 game made by atari with a box that was made in taiwan. now that may not seem so strange since atari had a lot of their production done in taiwan from about 1986 onward. but this was a game made prior to 1984 when it was still owned by warner comm.

as far as i knew, there was only one NTSC game made by atari that had a box (and instructions and cart label) that had made in taiwan on it. well, i won't spoil your fun, anyone care to guess what that game is? it's one of the most common 2600 games and the box is pictured in the atariage rarity guide.

anyway, this new find was now the second atari game i have seen with a made in taiwan box. it also has a small gold sticker on the back that i think says printed in taiwan. it looked familiar, but i could not find any other games with that sticker.

has anyone else ever found a game box made by atari BEFORE 1984 that is made in taiwan? i'm just curious if this is something common i just never noticed before or if it is fairly rare. if anybody else owns one of these, please post it here. if nobody else has one, maybe i'll turn it into a mini-contest to guess what game i've found that was made in taiwan.

Okay I'm new to this board but, I need some help. I just found my atari 2600(my parents bought two when I was young, we opened one box and never opened the other.)So I have a basically mint conditon atari 2600 with paddles and two joystikcs(by the way the joysticks say replacment parts cx-40 and they were made in taiwan) I need games, also can the sytem hook up into new t.v's? I need some help.

Okay I'm new to this board but, I need some help. I just found my atari 2600(my parents bought two when I was young, we opened one box and never opened the other.)So I have a basically mint conditon atari 2600 with paddles and two joystikcs(by the way the joysticks say replacment parts cx-40 and they were made in taiwan) I need games, also can the sytem hook up into new t.v's? I need some help.

This is off-topic, but oh well...

Yes, you can hook up the 2600 to modern TVs. All you need is an RCA to coax adapter. You attach the 2600's RF cable to the RCA end of the adapter and hook the other end up to your TV's cable input jack.