IGNORED

Does Jawbreaker work?

Rocko

Is the Jawbreaker cartridge case too big to fit in the 7800? Do they make an adapter so it would work? Does the chip fit into a normal case? Is it easy to switch?

I think that a VHS tape is be too big to fit into a 7800 :P :D

Seriously, I've never tried to put a Jawbreaker cart into a 7800 before.

post-2394-1074115929_thumb.jpg

the reason it won't fit is because Tigervision carts have a longer set of pegs on them for pushing open the dust door on the 2600s. Basically the pegs hit the bottom of the 7800 main board before the cart actually touches the contacts. So, your solutions are not too pretty.

You either use something else like an expensive HighScore cart as a passthrough for it, or you can simply get an actual 2600 which doesn't seem to suffer this. though i can't figure out why the Junior VCS wouldn't have the same issue? Or...remove or clip off some of the pegs on the cart so that it will fit in the 7800 and work. I actually clipped some of the plastic off my pegs on my Miner2049 cart so that I could play it on my 7800. You have to clip back about 1cm or so to make sure. This way if you just clip them and don't remove them, you can still play them on actual 2600s from the various eras.

• 5 weeks later...
the reason it won't fit is because Tigervision carts have a longer set of pegs on them for pushing open the dust door on the 2600s. Basically the pegs hit the bottom of the 7800 main board before the cart actually touches the contacts. So, your solutions are not too pretty.

You either use something else like an expensive HighScore cart as a passthrough for it, or you can simply get an actual 2600 which doesn't seem to suffer this. though i can't figure out why the Junior VCS wouldn't have the same issue? Or...remove or clip off some of the pegs on the cart so that it will fit in the 7800 and work. I actually clipped some of the plastic off my pegs on my Miner2049 cart so that I could play it on my 7800. You have to clip back about 1cm or so to make sure. This way if you just clip them and don't remove them, you can still play them on actual 2600s from the various eras.

Can you show me where to clip in a picture?

We are talking about the Pegs that are next to the contacts on the cart edge. They are the pegs that pushed the dust cover open on the earlier 2600 model units. These pegs aren't needed on the 7800 since it doesn't have a dust cover for the cart port. If you clip about a half centimeter of so for the very front of the pegs and shorten the length of them, they will then fit into the 7800 cart connector. The 7800 cart connector sits right on the main board of the 7800 itself. The 2600s have this connector raised up a bit so the extra long pegs aren't that big a problem. Just compare the pegs in the cart to those on an Activision or other manufacture cart. you will see the pegs don't stick out nearly as far as they do on those Tigervision releases...

Here is the pic you requested:

cart_pegs.gif

However, most real collectors will consider this action as defacement...(even if you can't really see it most of the time.) And so it will lower the market value of the cart a bit. But in my opinion only..a Cart in my collection isn't worth keeping anyway, unless it can actually be played and shown to be playable. I would rather have the cut peg stems on the cart...than not be able to play the games or show them if I wanted to.

8)

However, most real collectors will consider this action as defacement...(even if you can't really see it most of the time.) And so it will lower the market value of the cart a bit.  But in my opinion only..a Cart in my collection isn't worth keeping anyway, unless it can actually be played and shown to be playable. I would rather have the cut peg stems on the cart...than not be able to play the games or show them if I wanted to.

8)

Thanks! I am not a collector, I like to play the games. I dont want 100 games that stink when I can have 10 games that just kick butt!