IGNORED

Most XE carts are rather difficult to find!

birdie3

Recently I have attempted to win some of the stuff I am looking for and I am sniped every time. Aside from ebay, there doesn't seem to be any place that sells some of the games I am looking for (Karateka, Crystal Castles, Into the Eagle's Nest etc..). I have contemplated placing an order for some loose carts from B&C as they seem reasonabley priced and they have a few of the games I am looking for. Does anyone have any tips on where to find some of the better XE carts games aside from ebay?

I still have some boxed/new ATARI XEGS games, most of them are not that rare.

Ok,Crystal Castles is not ultra-common, but you should check all European ebays , this game can be found there.

What I don´t understand is this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3069832704

For "Lode Runner".This game is not rare.I usually offer it on ebay for 8 Euro (ca. $10) and it´s sealed,too.

The ABBUC had "Into the Eagle´s Nest" NIB for 1.30 Euro ($2) , but it´s now sold out.They still have Barnyard Blasters+some others (check www.abbuc.de).

I have

Ace of Aces ,Airball,Archon ,Ballblazer

Crimebuster ,Crosbow , David´s Midnight Magic ,

Desert Falcon ,Eastern Front 1941, Final Legacy ,

Gato,Hardball , Joust, Loderunner, Millipede (large box) ,

Millipede (small box) ,Moon Patrol, One on One Basketball,

Pole Position , Rescue on Fractalus , Robotron 2084,

RS Football , Star Raiders 2, Thunderfox,Tennis

The only problem is the expensive overseas shipping , which is even more expensive for buyers who pay with $ since one 1 Euro now is ca. $1.28 (used to be much less).

Thimo

Yeah. My bid didn't go through because some wise guy bid $21.87 and I bid $21.00. I ALMOST had it. Damn it! I've got a better one for you:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...egory=3537&rd=1

I almost puked when it was sniped. Like I said... should have bid higher.

Yes, that one was posted upfront on the auction forum. I thought it would go higher than that. Similarly, the sealed CC; the same seller sold a couple of those for GBP 50.00 during the summer!

My experience with ebay is, whenever I give a high bid to win a so called "extreme rare" chartridge, sooner or later the chances are that I will find another auction of that cartridge that ends up with maybe half of the bid I gave.....

In my opinion, it makes no sense to give high bids....it just destroys the market (and the fun)

just wait for the right auction....collect those that aren't that expensive first....

the patient collector will definitely be the smarter one.....

I've got a better one for you:

Most of those were doubles, I was a bit ticked it was posted to the ebay forum as well as I had my eye on it from the start! Still I was happy with the result! :D I thought it was going to go higher myself! :P

@starraider, your avatar is badass! You gave me nightmares as a kid! :P No more RoF past dusk, that game's to creepy!

[

@starraider, your avatar is badass! You gave me nightmares as a kid! :P No more RoF past dusk, that game's to creepy!

hehe, I know, especially when it's getting dark on fractalus... :D

"....Hey, what's that? I think I see a pilot running towards me! I knew you guys wouldn't let me down! Wait. There's something weird here. He doesn't look quite right - his helmet's green? Commander! We don't have any...my God! What the...it's a...it's going to...wha-a-a-a-a-a!"

Yeah. My bid didn't go through because some wise guy bid $21.87 and I bid $21.00. I ALMOST had it. Damn it! I've got a better one for you:

by the way, you can find crystal castles NIB for 19,95 USD here:

http://members.tcq.net/video61/compnew.html

so much about stupid ebay auctions....

and no need to puke anyways ;)

by the way, you can find crystal castles NIB for 19,95 USD here:

http://members.tcq.net/video61/compnew.html

so much about stupid ebay auctions....

and no need to puke anyways ;)

I would email first to confirm it is the original XE cart or some bootleg, they have far to many homebrew & conversions & hacks not listed as such on that list. Makes it hard to know whether you are really getting what you think you're getting when they say all are new. :roll:

But yeah I've seen that there many times, never ordered from them thou.

Already asked. It took two or three emails before I got a non-dodging-the-question type of answer. Video 61 says that it is a repro of a 16k proto that they found at Atari back in the day. It's not the 64k XE version. They said that XE CC is hard to find and they wouldn't part with it unless it was really worth it.

I've heard that from other members. Lord Chaos is the man for HTF XE stuff. Thanks for the heads up Shannon. I know it's from Germany but why would that take so long to ship?

Surface shipments always do take longer to reach their destinations than do packages which are sent by mail, but I think that the real problem here might be with customs. I'm sure my package sat in Halifax or Montreal for a month or two before it was finally shipped out here.

What I don´t understand is this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3069832704

For "Lode Runner".This game is not rare.I usually offer it on ebay for 8 Euro (ca. $10) and it´s sealed,too.

He was probably jumping up and down when he got that much for it.

I bought a few things off this guy last year. A couple of M-Network 2600 games and some Atari ones, all sealed or MIB. Good guy to deal with. Heh! This auction couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :D

Think I got my sealed Archon (still sealed) XL cart from him as well.

So what happens with airmail or whatever the supposed fastest way to ship is? :?

I think that this would still take quite a long time to get here. I did buy two games from another German seller, which were shipped by air, and I think that I still had to wait for about 1.5 -- 2 months for them to arrive.

So what happens with airmail or whatever the supposed fastest way to ship is? :?

I think that this would still take quite a long time to get here. I did buy two games from another German seller, which were shipped by air, and I think that I still had to wait for about 1.5 -- 2 months for them to arrive.

That's odd. Airmail from the UK usually arrives in the US or Canada in about a week.