IGNORED

Most XE carts are rather difficult to find!

birdie3

Yes, it does, doesn't it? :ponder:

I've also noted that items from Israel (e.g. Nir Dary) and points East take about two weeks to get here. I'm sure that shipping delays can all be traced to the various Canadian ports of entry; perhaps items from some countries are more heavily scrutinized than others. That's a scary thought. :sad:

So what happens with airmail or whatever the supposed fastest way to ship is? :?

I think that this would still take quite a long time to get here. I did buy two games from another German seller, which were shipped by air, and I think that I still had to wait for about 1.5 -- 2 months for them to arrive.

That's odd. Airmail from the UK usually arrives in the US or Canada in about a week.

IMO the German Post (DHL) is very bad, at least for non-business customers.They only have expensive by-phone-tracking (online only for business customers) and I think their air mail packages are not really sent air mail sometimes.

Because one arrived after 1,5 weeks in the USA.Another one took 6 weeks.

You can send 1-2 games as "letter", which only takes a few days, but it´s not insured, insurance means addional 2 Euros (making it 8 Euros, ca. $10 for 1 single game or 9 Euros for 2).

Another problem is that they´re limited to 20Kg and their insurance is not very high, if you send very expensive stuff, you have to pay extra money.

I´m not very satisfied with them, because their service is bad and they are incredibly slow, even in Germany which is no big country.

The best idea would be to send a large quantity of games , 500-1000 with UPS to North America and let someone send them from there.UPS needs a few days only for shipping and is cheaper if packages are heavy.

ATARI XE games weigh about 100g each with some exceptions (Eastern Front with it´s map is heavier for example).

But I fear that there are not enough buyers for 500 or more ATARI XE or VCS games.

Thimo

Yeah, I'm hearing all kinds of negative stories about Canada Post these days. Anything cross border related seems to be intercepted and either tampered with or held onto for a long time. This NWO bologna really ticks me off sometimes!! :x

Oh well. I am about half way to where I want to be for XL/XE carts. I can't say as I want to collect every one but there are a few "must have" titles still left to get.

If it's the Nerb.. I just picked up Millipede, Crossbow, and Thunderfox a couple of days ago. They should be here next week. I am looking forward to trying Millipede with the trak ball. I have picked up probably 12 carts, about 15 (or so) disk games, and an XF551 since the last time I traded with you. I am just waiting for some of it to still get here.

An American seller is currently offering many of the same XE titles that Thimo has in stock on eBay -- and his prices are similar -- but I've not bought from him. It's worth a look.

I sold a lot of 100 XE games on ebay last year, but only 13 of the 20+ different games - Archon,Ballblazer,Crossbow,Gato,Final legacy,Joust,Hardball,Millipede,One on One,Pole Position,Star Raiders 2,Tennis,Thunderfox AFAIK.

And this Mickey in the Great Outdoors game on disk.

Thimo