IGNORED

another random .rmt file

sack-c0s

Haven't posted one of these for a whileand I'm bored, so here you go :)

Disco Zax - conversion from the c64 (original by Drax/vibrants).

Also there's a 4-pattern loop of a cover of a boysetsfire song I've been toying with. I think these patterns (the verse part if you know the original) are fine, but every attempt I make on the rest of the song sound crap, so I throw it open to be done with as you wish...

discozax.zip

@Sack: I've fiddled around with some simple 16Bit .....

Perhaps it will show you, how to use this abilities of POKEY more musically ;)

Please take care about 16 Bit and that the Channels are depending. When using the "A" generator on the first channel, there will be some weird noise played. But it ist always possible to use generator "8" for percussions...

I think that the biggest problem is the non-linear handling on clean 16bit Notes. RMT cannot calculate notes with POKEY's 16-bit registers (I still wonder if there is one Tracker available that can do so)

Take a look (or a listen ;) ) :

@Sack

Now that I listened to the original Boysetsfire song (It's not bad, but a little to slow ;) )

Do you think it is possible to create the lead in of the song like in the original.... then build a slide to the verse part(with "my" 16Bit) and back.

Because the refrain/verse part... has the flair the o. Song...but in another way. It's more techno than rock ;), but to hear "real" good songs via POKEY is rare . I am impressed on the "proper" tuned notes of the main voice though.

I would say the potential for a really great POKEY Song is given.

What's your opinion?

@Sack

Now that I listened to the original Boysetsfire song (It's not bad, but a little to slow ;) )

Yeah - to be honest it's a much better when you hear it live, the recorded version is pretty good but it just seems to be missing something... Can't quite figure out what though.

Actually for something a bit quicker maybe 'Rookie' would've worked better. I'll give that a try sometime.

Do you think it is possible to create the lead in of the song like in the original.... then build a slide to the verse part(with "my" 16Bit) and back.

Because the refrain/verse part... has the flair the o. Song...but in another way. It's more techno than rock ;), but to hear "real" good songs via POKEY is rare . I am impressed on the "proper" tuned notes of the main voice though.  

I would say the potential for a really great POKEY Song is given.

What's your opinion?

I'll have an experiement with it - the bit that was giving me the trouble was the pre-chorus part and the chorus itself. The verse worked out well and the ending part sounded okay. I haven't actually tried to build the intro yet.

But it could be good I reckon if done carefully.

sack, which of your tunes are freely usable in productions???

as my lovely TQA musicians, xray f.e., uses MPT tracker but on 7800 i just can use RMTs...

You can use any of the tunes which are out there in circulation that I've done really so long as you find one you like :)

If there's a .sap file of mine and there's no matching .rmt file then drop us a line and I'll dig it out.