IGNORED

Thrust+ gameplay question

Adrian M

I've been playing lots of Thrust+ since I bought my copy. There's a stage (Mission 6 I believe) where the power plant is located at the very end of the level near the pod. Oddly enough, there appears to be a small crevasse where you can fire off a shot into to technically damage the factory, but how would you escape in time to get the full "planet destroyed" bonus?

THe only other explanation for this odd setup I can think of is that Mr. Jentschz didn't wan't players cheating and skipping the level by blowing up the factory at the beginning of the stage, so he added the power plant to the very end which basically defeats the purpose and ensures that the player must work his/her way through the level by rescuing the pod.

THe only other explanation for this odd setup I can think of is that Mr. Jentschz didn't wan't players cheating and skipping the level by blowing up the factory at the beginning of the stage, so he added the power plant to the very end which basically defeats the purpose and ensures that the player must work his/her way through the level by rescuing the pod.

That is exactly the reason. I am pretty sure there is no way way to destroy planet 6. But the "extra bonus" for blowing up the planet is possible on every other one I think. (I can never destroy planet 4 either) Even if you "cheat" on too many planets, you won't have enough points to get the good ending. So it is a good idea to just practice the planets without "cheating" on any of them :)

That is exactly the reason. I am pretty sure there is no way way to destroy planet 6. But the "extra bonus" for blowing up the planet is possible on every other one I think. (I can never destroy planet 4 either) Even if you "cheat" on too many planets, you won't have enough points to get the good ending. So it is a good idea to just practice the planets without "cheating" on any of them :)

Thanks for your response. Looks like that must be the answer!

As for Mission 4, if I'm remember it correctly, I think it MAY be possible to destroy the planet and get away in time (with pod) if you're playing it with reverse gravity.

As for Mission 4, if I'm remember it correctly, I think it MAY be possible to destroy the planet and get away in time (with pod) if you're playing it with reverse gravity.

Mission 4 is the one where the nuclear plant is in the second room down. (blue I think) It would be very tough, but it may be possible on reverse if you hurry. I just tried it on regular gravity and failed miserably.

The bonuses aren't necessary to beat the game. I destroy every planet except for 4 and 6 on every set of 6 levels. And you can set some pretty impressive scores (and get extra free guys) just by playing it safe and not going for 4 every time.

Good advice!

I've noticed that Thrust+ Platinum has one of the better "learning curves" of most games I've played recently. I mean, I sat down and really starting playing seriously last Friday night. Back then, the best I could do was getting to Mission 3 (difficulty level 1) without dying. However, after some practice and skill honing, I've been able to get to the reverse gravity portion (Mission 7) consistently without losing a life (sometimes 1...that mission 6 tunnel gives me some issues at times! ;) ). Oddly enough, I find the CX-40 to give the best control...at times when you get in the zone, you feel like you're playing with an analog stick, such is the realism and immersion of the "gravity" in this great game!

The best I've done so far is Mission 10. However, I'm addicted to Thrust+, so I believe my skills will only get better, much like those who participated in the contest held last year! Great game! :)

:idea: Yup, destroying the planets 4 and 6 isn't necessary for mastering the game. And yes, it is just possible to destroy the power plant at planet 4 and get away without loosing a life.

BTW: The planets 1..6 are not my design, they are almost 1:1 copies of the original C64 game. So, please don't ask me "Why?". ;)

Good advice!

I've noticed that Thrust+ Platinum has one of the better "learning curves" of most games I've played recently.  I mean, I sat down and really starting playing seriously last Friday night.  Back then, the best I could do was getting to Mission 3 (difficulty level 1) without dying.  However, after some practice and skill honing, I've been able to get to the reverse gravity portion (Mission 7) consistently without losing a life (sometimes 1...that mission 6 tunnel gives me some issues at times!  ;)  ).  Oddly enough, I find the CX-40 to give the best control...at times when you get in the zone, you feel like you're playing with an analog stick, such is the realism and immersion of the "gravity" in this great game!  

Yeah I was horrible at it the first time I played it, and I would have problems getting past the small section in level 3. All it takes is hours and hours of practice. Also the small section in level 6 close to the bottom is really tough on reverse gravity.

The best I've done so far is Mission 10.  However, I'm addicted to Thrust+, so I believe my skills will only get better, much like those who participated in the contest held last year!  Great game!  :)

Wait till you get to mission 13 and you will find the "deadly something" if you don't know what it is already. :D