IGNORED

Should I or shouldn't I...

ApolloBoy

Well, if every game that's available for the 5200 is available on the 800, it may not be worth it. With few exception (James Bond, Super Breakout, etc) there are only a few dogs on the 5200. Controller-wise I'm sure the 800 is better, although I would say the 5200 trackball is a big plus.

BUT, don't forget the homebrews and repros, which aren't available for the 800.

And also, if you're into collecting it's a lot of fun. Just a year ago, all I had were emulators to play the 2600/5200/7800. Some might say it's the same exact thing, others say there's nothing like the "original". (Yes, I know the 800 was the original...work with me here)

The 5200 is definetly an awesome system though. Well worth picking up!

There no question though the 5200 unit is a helluva lot better to look at. It even looks modern today.

NO!!!

just stick with the atari 800 its the same damn thing with better controllers to pick from

Unless you're in the minority of people that like the 5200 sticks.

Aside from a maintainence issue or 2, I think 5200 sticks are some of the best stock controllers around.

NO!!!

just stick with the atari 800 its the same damn thing with better controllers to pick from

Unless you're in the minority of people that like the 5200 sticks.

Aside from a maintainence issue or 2, I think 5200 sticks are some of the best stock controllers around.

I have to agree with you there. I enjoy using the stock controllers. their analog movement is great for certain games and they are a lot easier on the hands after an hour or so of gameplay. The stock controllers get a bad wrap.

You must get a 5200!! It's the coolest looking system around, and the stock controllers really do get a bad rap. With the gold-contact ones available from Best Electonics, you can avoid all of those issues that have plague an otherwise awesome game system for two decades.

Join the revolution!!!! :P

The Atari 5200 has one thing in abundance. It has STYLE!

From its huge size, to its glossy black color scheme, to its brushed aluminum faceplate, to its love 'em or hate 'em controllers, it oozes with STYLE from every port.

No other console before or since has exuded such pure, unadulterated, bad-ass kewlness.

The 5200 is sleek. It's sexy. It's the only console larger than the X-Box.

Get one NOW!

The Atari 5200 has one thing in abundance.  It has STYLE!

From its huge size, to its glossy black color scheme, to its brushed aluminum faceplate, to its love 'em or hate 'em controllers, it oozes with STYLE from every port.

No other console before or since has exuded such pure, unadulterated, bad-ass kewlness.

The 5200 is sleek.  It's sexy.  It's the only console larger than the X-Box.

Get one NOW!

5200: Game machine or work of art? Next time on "Inane PBS Special"!

The Atari 5200 has one thing in abundance.  It has STYLE!

The 5200 is sleek.  It's sexy.  It's the only console larger than the X-Box.

Get one NOW!

Oh yes, that's one of the reasons why I want a 5200. The design, IMO, is practically timeless.