IGNORED

Anyone have any tips on cleaning 5200 controllers?

Charlie_

hi there, I have the same problem. I got an 5200 with busted controllers (ain't no cleaning problem, they are completally busted) and the port 1 had the pin # 15 bended, and when I was trying to fix it, I broke it, there's any solution for that? what's the use for the pin 15 anyway, ain't the ground pin? anyway i hope the new controllers that I brought on eBay will work.

Another thing, I had to open a couple of carts to clean 'em (I use a sponge with some little soap, works great!) and the PCB are super small, why the carts are so big then!? and the system it's huge.

In the back, there's like an 'expansion port' what's the use for that?

Well... thanks guys!

OsBo

I just purchased a 5200 from an e-bay auction. (I'm very happy about it :-) The previous owner says the system is complete and in great working order. However, the controllers are sometimes not responsive. He thinks they may just need some cleaning.

Anyone have any tips on cleaning these controllers? They are analog controllers, so I have a can of dust blaster compressed gas. Should i pick up some contact spray as well?

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Charlie