IGNORED

A couple of system questions

Mendon

Was looking through eBay listings and came across the following two auctions:

Atari 2800

Atari 2600

I am really curious about the modification, with the leads out the back, that is done on these for audio and video out. I've never saw a set-up like this before (of course I'm not that 2600 knowledgable anyhoot). My questions:

1) Has anyone used something like this before?

2) Does it work better than the old RF box?

3) Does anyone here on AA do this sort of modification?

Seems this would be VERY nice to have; I have AV jacks on the front of my gaming TV and it would be easier to hook a 2600 up to those rather than use an RF box.

Any info anyone could provide is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Mendon

Thanks Nukey!

Can't go S-Video as the only TV I have in the house that uses S-Video is my projection TV in the living room. Wife says no gaming on it and I don't feel like lugging that monster from its resting place to get behind it (wife would demand I clean behind it while it was away from corner and THATS WORK) :D

Just thought AV would be better and since I'm not electronically skilled, if someone here did modifications I'd be willing to pay for it.

Thanks!

Mendon

I got a US Vader, modded it for composite video and phono audio, and sent it back to the States all in exchange for a Texas Chainsaw Massacre with instructions. As far as I know that console is still working fine, isn't it Rick? :)

Probably cheaper to get someone in the States to do it for you though, unless you happen to have some rarish games that I need. :)