IGNORED

Miss Cleo in AA?

Susuwatari

Just had to check if Miss Cleo was in the Atari Age magazine. I was just reading the old issues (Vol 2, No. 5) and one thing in Game-Grams section got my eye:

Dear Atarti Club,

In the Nov./Dec. issue of Atari Age there are 56 cartridges in the listings. Jan./Feb. there are 43 cartridges. Mar./.Apr. there are also 43. May/June there are 38 so from Dec. to May we (the Atari Club members) have lost out on 18 cartridges. What happaned?

Robert Galasso

Babylon, NY

Like movies, television series, books, or record, videogaming is an entertainment business, and the latest release is the one people want. Atari has been removing older, less popular cartridges from its current product list slowly but surely. This has created an interesting phenomenon--collectable cartridges! Pretty soon, some of those older Atari games will be worth quite a bit to collectors. Look for some hints for game collecting, along with a complete checklist of every videogame Atari ever released, in an upcoming issue of Atari Age.

-- Editor

If only they knew when the magazine were printed 20 years ago that *some* Atari games are selling for 3-4 times or more the original retail price. I just had to laugh when I read that part.

Since Vol 2 issue 5 was the last issue of Atari Age, I wonder what the hints would have been on...

PS any chance that Editor is on this forum? :D