IGNORED

Combat Cannonball Run anyone??

ATARI TROLL

01 ORIGINAL HAS VISITED

Atari Troll*

Ed Siegler*

DECLARED MISSING IN ACTION ENROUTE TO MARCO Marco* (deceased to be confirmed shortly) Ed Siegler has announce a VIKING STYLE FUNERAL for the Original 01 Combat (once declared DECEASED) Thought I would share a great classic viking theme (originally from rathergood.com) Is the link what you had in mind Mr. Siegler-LMFAO

http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings/

Recents:

01 Combat (back up enroute to MMF who will Join Ed Siegler at the Philly classic

MegaMan** (NEXT) (suggested to go cross country to CPUWIZ next-Mr Siegler's decesion)

2 more names added (names and updates have been added to the CCR webpage as well)

Names that are waiting:

CPUWIZ

sku_u

Lost Monkey

Mr.Foodmonster

INKY

XOT

povlok1

Scuttle130

bjk7382

TheMilkman

NovaXpress

Gateway

Susuwatari

Voch

donkeykong1 (its ok to take pics with it)

MattG/Snyper2099

Cheers and more to come as always :D 8)

Yes. I believe it is time to declare the origional game legally dead.

To give this game a proper burrial, we are going to do a Jedi-style burial during the weekend of PC5, with the new Combat in attendance. A dead copy of the 01 has been earmarked for the interment.

Pictures to follow.

Yes.  I believe it is time to declare the origional game legally dead.

To give this game a proper burrial, we are going to do a Jedi-style burial during the weekend of PC5, with the new Combat in attendance.  A dead copy of the 01 has been earmarked for the interment.

Pictures to follow.

Count me IN!!!

Cool. (I will add your name when your reply back to this post-) Just don't want people replying with a maybe (just yes or no). It may take time to get to you but trust me, the webpage and humor of others contributing to this makes it all worth while. I had to mop my floor up from spilling and spitting coffee because of Ed Siegler's posts here. Combat Cannonball Run is not going to die. It will get better and better. It doesn't matter how many 01s it takes for the world travels. When one dies another brother (backup 01 cart) will take its place. Does anyone out there have a good world map B&W they could post here for the webpage??Instead of having the map on the page, I will have a link to it. As for now, the webpage has no map. Could someone post a decent size one for the actual tracking of the Combat Cannonball Runs travels (black & white world map preferably)?

Cheers :D

Heres an update that I didn't want to post: :x

Oh well. I am not sure who the next backup 01 is going to visit.

So one 01 has died in Europe and the other has been kidnapped and declared deceased here in the US. Guess I will wait before sending the next 01 out. The next 01 has decided to morn his brothers death and

take time away before traveling so soon. More to come I am sure but

not anytime soon. :sleep: So the CCR will sleep and rest up a while.

Mrs MMF:

Did you guys take the 01 Combat from the Combat Cannonball Run to PC5??

That's a funny story, actually....There was this vendor at the con called Yakmala. They were selling these really cool compacts and billfolds for girls that were made out of Atari cartridges. We thought Ed was gonna be at the show, so we took the 01 Combat cartridge with us so we could give it to him. As you can see from my previous post, he was not there. Yakmala came to the AA table to tell us about their stuff, and said they could give us a demonstration on how they are made. We said, "Hey dude, that's totally awesome! We'll have to check that out!" Later on, we looked for the cart, but it was nowhere to be found. We can only assume that the Yakmala people (those bastards) must have grabbed the 01 Combat cart - thinking it was one of Albert's for recycling. We're really sorry! :_(

Update: CCR is put on hold till further notice (backup 01s). Anyway this is the photo (from Mrs MMF) from PC5- :| .....another one bites the dust.

I won't be posting any updates soon. Is there a future for the CCR?? :roll:

Don't know. (its not dead-I just dont feel theres a need for it at the moment)

Cheers

8)

post-2800-1080003961_thumb.jpg

How many want to CCR to continue?? Doesn't matter one way or another to me :| .

From the start I mailed the original 01 Cart the Ed Siegler (he holds on

to it through the holidays-cool!). Ed sends to Marco who never receives the cartridge. So we come up with the backup 01 and declare the original deceased. I send a backup one to MMF who is going to PC5. Unknown as to what actually happened to the second 01 cart. So is it fair from my standpoint to ask aloud is there a need to continue with this?? Should I just bury the whole project?? What would you do if everytime you sent a cart out, it went missing everytime? :x I don't care about the cost (this was supposed to be fun). I feel I misjudged this whole thing in assuming others whould share the excitement. I am glad Trotter got off the ground and is going strong. Any way cheers folks and if there is a reason to continue this please post away. If the joke is on me and it needs to be buried then post away!

:twisted:

After my wife's bombshell announcement, I decided to put out an APB to find the Combat 01. We looked everywhere..

MVC-014S.JPG

Ed Siegler hadn't seen it..

MVC-015S.JPG

SS was clueless as to the Combat 01's whereabouts..

MVC-012S.JPG

Our surveillance cameras indicated these mysterious men might have information..

MVC-016S.JPG

And they led us to a seedy bathroom on the wrong side of town..

MVC-017S.JPG

My God! Could this be the missing Cannonball Combat taken by Yakmala?

And at long last, the mystery of what happened to Combat 01 was revealed..

MVC-010S.JPG

It's a week early, I know, but Mr. Atari Troll...

APRIL FOOLS!

The cart wasn't taken by Yakmala at all. We were having so much fun last night at the hotel room that the group of us decided to pull your leg a little bit about the cart. But rest assured, it was not stolen at the con, it was not flushed down the commode, and the cart is safe and sound. :D

MVC-013S.JPG

I got Ed and SS to pose with these photos today for the story, and to prove all's well in Combat Cannonball World. Plus, to make up for playing this joke on you, I'm taking the cart with me back to Omaha to take the photo of it there I wasn't able to do before leaving for PC5. I'll make it to the next recipient (CPUWIZ) personally, to make sure the Run continues on. If we offended you, I apologize. We honestly thought you wouldn't swallow the horseshit story we came up with. Hope you feel better now. :D

Very nice...no offense taken....I wasn't too keen on sending out anymore carts if that type of shit that was going to happen everytime. Gets annoying after the third time around. My apologies. I have had some shitty days at work so I was looking forward to a good pic or two. Guess I got that and a good FU- :thumbsup: ....I was so close to saying fark it to the whole thing. I thought man....if this doesnt get off the ground after 3 times and 5 months, then this isn't worth it. Cool thanks for the headsup. Guess I have some updates to do. Anyway cheers...sorry about my mood. 8)