IGNORED

Wouldn't it be funny if...

chairmonkey4406

My activision carts aren't mottling. :ponder:  tennis and freeway is still looking great. chopper command too. the only one that is mottling is spider fighter.

Let me see your perfect seaquest. I have NEVER seen a seaquest without actiplaque. :P

If you do have a perfect one, scan it and send it my way. I have been looking for a good seaquest label for a while now. ;)

the particular glue/paper combination.... what kinda glue did they use?!?

I think it is more the cheap paper rather than the glue. All of the darker labels have no mottling/actiplaque. It is mainly the lighter colored labels that start showing thru. My Pitfall is almost perfect as well as Private eye and Blue label games.

My activision carts aren't mottling. :ponder:  tennis and freeway is still looking great. chopper command too. the only one that is mottling is spider fighter.

Let me see your perfect seaquest. I have NEVER seen a seaquest without actiplaque. :P

If you do have a perfect one, scan it and send it my way. I have been looking for a good seaquest label for a while now. ;)

I think this is pretty good.

post-919-1075063188_thumb.jpg

I think this is pretty good.

That is damn good! If you could get a good scan of that, that would be cool. I don't think there are too many good seaquest labels out there.

I have a bare seaquest because my label was so far gone that I just tore it off. I have been looking for a decent replacement to print off.

I even started a thread asking for Good Seaquest Scans and nobody had a regular one.

Well, I know that you can't attach anything here that is over 1MB, so you can put it high enough so the picture is 2 or 3 MB. And then you can email it to me at bkarston1@yahoo.com . Maybe 300 to 500 dpi. :ponder:

I have a free email account with 4MB storage which is 8% full, so anything that is 3MB should work fine.

Thanks a lot ;)

For best result, try to avoiid JPG compression. If you must use JPG, use high number for high quality/low compression.

Here's a sneaky trick that usually works: get a free Geocities account, upload the image with the .txt stuffix, and then post the image link here. Since Geocities think it's a text file, it won't block off site linking. And since Geocities allow several MB so you can use the highest setting allowed by your scanner.

I think it is more the cheap paper rather than the glue. All of the darker labels have no mottling/actiplaque. It is mainly the lighter colored labels that start showing thru. My Pitfall is almost perfect as well as Private eye and Blue label games.

And later Epyx/Absolute/Acti white-label games don't do it either . . . Actually, the only one I have that's seriously plaqued is Pressure Cooker . . .