IGNORED

7800 sales question...

Inky

I also don't have the numbers. But I can attest that the 2600jr sold for longer than the 7800 did. However, here where I live, the 7800s themselves could be had at Toys R Us, and K-B toy stores. Mine I believe came from K-B toys in fact. However, about half of my 7800 library at the time came from Toys R Us. Oh, I just remembered that the 7800 was also available through Service Merchandise here. We had 3 stores at one time and I also used to get my 2600 and a few 7800 games from them. I was sorry to see them go...oh well. We have none here now.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the first issue of GamePro given away as a freebie at Toys 'R Us to whoever bought a videogame? Because I'd swear that I got one free when I bought an Atari 7800 game at TRU. I can't remember which game, exactly. Might possibly have been Ballblazer.

yeah...when my folks bought my 7800 from K-B Toys it was a cool 59.99 on clearance. I never remember seeing 7800 games at K-B only the 2600 ones..and even that was slim pickings back in 88. Toys R Us and as I also mentioned Service Merchandise were my Atari HQs back in the day.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the first issue of GamePro given away as a freebie at Toys 'R Us to whoever bought a videogame? Because I'd swear that I got one free when I bought an Atari 7800 game at TRU. I can't remember which game, exactly. Might possibly have been Ballblazer.

Ok how about the first issue that you could buy at the store then?

maybe they gave away some to get the word out about the mag? ;)

well heres the cover of the mag i got that ad out of,

maybe it will jog your memory :)

post-541-1075321387_thumb.jpg

We had two kb toys in my area back in 1988 one had a ton of 2600 and 7800 games and the other didnt have much at all? I remember it was christmas time in 88 and my mom took me to kb and told me to pick out some atari games i wanted they were all on sale. I think she got me like 20 games from there that day i didnt get to have them until christmas morning though.