IGNORED

Buy the bundle?

Adrian M

I've had my eye on the Cat Trax, Pleiades, Funky Fish 3-in-1 bundle over at the AA store for a while now. I'm kicking myself for not taking advantage of the $85.00 sale price during the Christmas holidays, but oh well, what can you do?

http://www.atariage.com/store/product_info...669809e5f670bf8

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing what actual owners of this bundle think about the games? All three sound like fun to me, and I'm all for the cool boxes and manuals, but in terms of completeness and gameplay what would you suggest? Would it be best to buy the entire bundle outright? Or should I avoid any of the particular games and just buy them separately?

thevidogamecritc.com has reviews off all  three up. He didnt like any of them but cat trax.

Hmm...I read the reviews (as well as the ones listed with the games in the AA store), but I don't know. On one hand, I know I'll probably like Cat Trax since I love Pac-Man style games. Pleiades is a given, since I'm a fan of the arcade version. It's Funky Fish that I'm doubtful about...on one hand, it does seem to interest me, on the other, I don't know..the reviews state that it's "a chore to play" but then again, I've usually found myself enjoying niche games.

Also, the correct link was www.videogamecritic.net ;)

I got the bundle for $85 - Merry X-mas to me!! ;)

I'd say, get the bundle. Cat Trax is good, so is Pleiades, Funky fish --- hmmm... well..... it IS really slow, but it's kind of weird and interesting in its own way...

The production was EXCELLENT - box,manual and cart. It's also just cool to get some old games that never came out (on 2600) until just recently... It's sort of how I felt about the "new" Beatles songs coming out a few years ago. While not the best Beatles tunes ever - it's always cool to hear some that could have come out, just never did.

Along the same lines, I also got "Looping" this Christmas ..... It was $40 by itself.

Pleadies is AWESOME. Played it a lot at Philly last year. Worth every penny.

Cat Trax is ok, nothing incredible or new.

Funky Fish, is, well a bit funky. Not quite sure what to make of it.

But I do agree with Albert, the production values on these make them worth every penny. The boxes are primo as are the manuals. I'd get them if I had the money to spare! Maybe someday! :)