IGNORED

PAL Cart/Box Scans

incog

I've just finished scanning everything (at 400dpi) I own... I thought I better ask here before e-mailing it all and filling your inbox. And I've made sure everything I scanned is different to the stuff you already have... even if they're only small differences from the NTSC versions.

here's the list:

Amidar (box - back only)

Apollo Games Catalog (already sent it in)

Chopper Command (box and cart)

Combat (cart and box - the only difference with the box is the back)

Ms. Pac-Man (box - only tiny differences)

Pitfall! (cart)

Planet Patrol (box - only tiny differences)

Riddle Of The Sphinx (box, cart and 4 pages of the manual - its all I have)

Spacechase (box)

Star Gunner (cart, box)

Star Raiders Touchpad Bundle (cart, 3 boxes, 32 page manual and touchpad overlay)

Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back (box and insert)

Wizard Of Wor (a bit damaged)

Thats everything I have... when I buy more carts/boxes I hope to contribute more... :)

I wonder - would it be possible for one of the admins (Albert?) to give one of us PAL people write access to the database? Then we could update it without worrying the NTSC people. As it is, everyone pretty much admits the PAL database is limited at best. It would be nice to have a complete database for the PAL side just like the NTSC side - but I can't see that happening unless someone with a keen interest in PAL Atari has the ability and time to update the site.

Don't get me wrong - the NTSC database is fantastic ... but the PAL database usually just confirms a carts existence, and I'd like to see it as fantastic as the NTSC one. If I can help, I will.

Good idea.  I have quite a few Quelle carts and the like that pics could be added for.

I've got lots of stuff that's slightly different to the database things, as have most PAL people I think....

Is it just me or are Quelle carts not actually Quelle carts but just pirate carts that happened to be sold in Quelle stores? I'm sure I've seen carts supposedly from Quelle in places like Australia. Shouldn't they just be listed as unknown pirate carts?

Hmm, I still need to get me a new scanner - got a lot of CIB red label Atari games that aren't yet listed or complete.

I wouldn't like to nominate a specific individual to handle the PAL additions to the DB but I can certainly think of a few that could probably add most of the missing images from their own collections! Sadly that discounts me :sad: :D