IGNORED

spectravision compumate

CincYnoTi

is there an entry anywhere in the rarity guide for the compumate by spectravision? i could not find it under cartridges nor hardware nor controllers. any opinions on what its rarity rating would be?

also, i could not find any entries about the personal game programmer by answer software, gameline modem, nor supercharger. are there any other "peripherals" that plugged into the cartridge slot? magicard would seem to fit into this category.

quote:

Originally posted by Marco:

Here's how I would rate them:

PAL (A/B) Compumate, Spectravideo: 8

PAL (A/B) Compumate, Universum: 4

cheers,

Marco

now that bothers me ...

i end up seeing more spectravideo units in australia than universum models in germany .... i'd rather say a 6 or 7 for those two ....

i also think the universum box would have been done for the german market only, in contraduction with the english titled box that was probably made for australia, UK and the rest of europe ...

and usually the boxed german editions sold for more than on australian auctions ..... that would even switch the positions, if you count in ending prices as factor for the rarity guide ....

just a few thoughts ......

i'm still puzzled from the picture in the ads. where is that different looking model ....? the pic looks like that keyboard is real ..... an early release? a proto? or just a mock-up?

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

now that bothers me ...

i end up seeing more spectravideo units in australia than universum models in germany .... i'd rather say a 6 or 7 for those two ....

If you want to put them on an equal level, then it's a 4 for both of them. There's compumates on ebay.de every week!

And perhaps I was mixing up rarity and value. The Universum version is not very wanted, it's considered the least attractive version of the bunch by most collectors, "not the real thing". (I'm sure that says something about rarity too, btw)

Cheers,

Marco

quote:

If you want to put them on an equal level, then it's a 4 for both of them. There's compumates on ebay.de every week!

more or less, though mostly loose ones ... 5 for both sound good to me

i'd say a 7 for the boxed ones ...

quote:

The Universum version is not very wanted, it's considered the least attractive version of the bunch by most collectors, "not the real thing". (I'm sure that says something about rarity too, btw)

don't make my trade items sound so bad ...

[ 05-31-2002: Message edited by: jahfish ]

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

don't make my trade items sound so bad

Heheh, we're in this together. You must have noticed too that the market for 2600 trades and sales isn't that great at the moment. There are only a handful of collectors interested in weird stuff, like we are. I've written something about that in the new Digital Press Guide. I hope it'll stir something up

Cheers,

Marco

• 4 months later...

I was after one of these for years, finally got one from ebay Germany(Universum) after never seeing one at a sensible price here in the UK(always over £100), then last week a Spectravideo model ends on £21 here in the UK, bloody typical!

I would say they are very rare in the UK, never found one at boot sales ever and have been going to them since 1990! Don't come up often on ebay here either.

• 2 weeks later...

Dactar Compumate? Marco, you really shouldn't have. Pictures?

The PAL ones should be 5's at best. They both pop up all the time. Just because you don't find them everytime you go out hunting doesn't mean they are really hard.

The NTSC one I've only seen two available. Tempest has one, the other was sold on the newsgroup 5 years ago. I'm getting the next one. Maybe.

The Aus ones pop up all the time- more than Universum, I agree, but not much more.

Come now, a '4' or a '5' is still a good find- something you might only see once or twice a year in hardcore hunting if your lucky.

ian

I was after one of these for years, finally got one from ebay Germany(Universum) after never seeing one at a sensible price here in the UK(always over £100), then last week a Spectravideo model ends on £21 here in the UK, bloody typical!  

I got my Spectravideo Compumate from a flea market about 4yrs ago for £3 :)

Jobf.