IGNORED

5200 Cart cases?

jetset

I was thinking, I'd like to buy some clear plastic cases to store my 5200 carts. Not that they need any more protection than they drawer they reside in can provide....

I wanted to buy something that makes them all the same uniform size and shape, and more importantly something I can make end labels for. Something like a VHS case only smaller.

Yeah I'm a little anal about my collection. ;)

I've been watching ebay for a while now but haven't seen anything that might work. Has anyone seen or come accross such a beast?

And no, buying/collecting the actual boxes is out. I can't afford THAT!

Teh real boxes look better! :P

Maybe something like Genesis cases, how well do 5200 carts fit in those? I've never tried, but you can get those in clear(not that this makes much difference, since you have no end labels) but new cases some videogame stores carry them. Works for NES/SNES as well as Genesis and probably others.

There used to be a universal clear case for Genesis and a few other systems. It was thinner than the standard genesis case. You could snip two of the internal posts off and it would hold a 5200 cart just fine. It would even hold 2600 carts as well. I only ever could find a few of them in close-out bins. I'll check to see if there is a manufacturer on it.