IGNORED

Planet Smashers

Tempest

I finally got a hold of an NTSC copy of Planet Smashers and all I have to say is this game is DAMN HARD! I bearly got to the third wave. It does have bosses which is something of a rarity on an Atari system. It's not a bad game but for 1989 it wasn't anything special. One of the best 7800 games though, it really pushed the 7800 to it's limits.

Has anyone gotten to the end? I know there's an ending, but how many boards are there?

Tempest

Check out my Cheap Universe on it, where I reveal the warp codes for each of the 7 levels.

The game is hard, and I thought it was impossible, until I realized a trick. Never die. I know that sounds stupid, but it can be done...because if you DO die, you really won't have a prayer of beating the game. Upon death, your cannons will drop a few levels, causing you to be seriously out gunned.

I originaly thought the game was unbeatable, and I wrote a "Granny Vinnie Review" basically stating that fact...but during the time I wrote the review I beat it, and then I remembered I had beat it back in 1990, because I remember the Mother Ship, which is really cool. If you do beat it, just remember, DO NOT HIT YOUR JOYSTICK. You will miss the entire ending and probably curse God.

Cousin Vinnie www.bigfishusa.com/7800

PS: I like Planet Smashers somewhat...but IMHO it definitely isn't one of the best games on the system. I can think of 25 or so I like better.

Nope, I picked that one up a long time ago (didn't O'shea sell it at one point?)

I still need:

Rampage

Alien Brigade (Cart Only)

Impossible Mission (Box Only)

F-14 Tomcat (Box and instructions only)

Kung-Fu Master (Instructions only)

And these odd balls

-------------------

Monitor Cart

Diagnostic Cart

32 in 1

Tempest