IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Extremist Pack #1 For Pre-Sale

jaysmith2000

Nonsense! Spend! Spend! Then Jpeg the Polaroid snapshot of the lump she puts on your noggin and post it in this thread! It'll be hysterical! :lolblue:

WHA??????? Isn't there enough violence in video games without inflicting it on me?? My wife can beat a bear to death with a broom and I have no intention of becoming the David Gest of AtariAge!

Mendon

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to give you all an update on the packs. The first batch shipped today. I plan on having another batch ready to ship by tomorrow, so all paid orders (at present) should be out by end of day tomorrow.

In addition, I will be posting pics of the inside of the pack tonight so everyone can see the quality of the CDr's. The labeling is not a paper label, but a direct print to the CDr. The quality really impressed me and I hope it will do the same for everyone that has purchased them.

Keep in mind the deadline to order/pay for the Extremist Pack #1 is February 22nd.

Thanks to everyone for their support.

Jason

Hi Everyone,

In addition, I will be posting pics of the inside of the pack tonight so everyone can see the quality of the CDr's.  The labeling is not a paper label, but a direct print to the CDr.  The quality really impressed me and I hope it will do the same for everyone that has purchased them.

Jason

Did the zebra-striped hooker make it as CD cover-girl? :D

j/k -- the packs look fantastic!

Hi Everyone,

In addition, I will be posting pics of the inside of the pack tonight so everyone can see the quality of the CDr's.  The labeling is not a paper label, but a direct print to the CDr.  The quality really impressed me and I hope it will do the same for everyone that has purchased them.

Jason

Did the zebra-striped hooker make it as CD cover-girl? :D

She didn't make the cut, although that would have been a good idea for the packs. :) Glad you like the looks. Kevin did a superb job on the artwork. The CD's themselves though are very very cool, pics tonight. :)

How cool! For some reason I didn't realise they'd ship so quickly, I thought I'd be seeing it sometime next month. The packaging sounds very nice, can't wait to check it out for myself!!

For a while I was considering waiting until the sale period was over so I could number the product 1 of 100, 2 of 100, 3 of 100, etc...etc... or whatever...but I decided people would rather just get the item and enjoy it. However, pack #3 will be shipped at the same time after the pre-pay period for several reasons which will be revealed at a later date... :)

Jason

Did the  zebra-striped hooker make it as CD cover-girl?  :D  

She didn't make the cut, although that would have been a good idea for the packs. :) Glad you like the looks. Kevin did a superb job on the artwork. The CD's themselves though are very very cool, pics tonight. :)

We couldn't get a decent screen capture of the crazy hooker so she got the axe. We did think of it though, and hopefully video captures won't be a problem for the next two packs, right Jay? :D

However, pack #3 will be shipped at the same time after the pre-pay period for several reasons which will be revealed at a later date...  :)

Jason

I'm slipping Jay an extra $5 to have overnight FedEx shipping so I get to see before anyone else.

JagMod

As Jason bows his head knowing full well he can bought for $5.00. :D

Did the  zebra-striped hooker make it as CD cover-girl?  :D  

We couldn't get a decent screen capture of the crazy hooker so she got the axe. We did think of it though, and hopefully video captures won't be a problem for the next two packs, right Jay? :D

That problem is solved for good! It's nice to have "connections". Now, if I can just find the time to actually hook that card up I'll be in good shape! We gotta get crackin' on the next pack Kev!

bump....

Hey guys,

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that there is only 8 days left to pay for your Extremist Packs if you want them. Sales and production will stop Sunday the 22nd at midnight. Thanks to everyone who has already purchased a pack(s) and the support. Pack #2 will definitely be a reality! Look for it in March.

Jason

Hi Mendon,

I understand and can see your point.

I'm just waaaaaaaay over my budget on game spending and can't really afford to be doing more this month if I want to keep my happy home; next month is another story. Just hate to see myself and others possibly having to go to eBay and buy them at "limited" edition prices if we miss out on these, especially if you are going to make an even more VERY limited #3 run. And the eBay auctions *will* happen if there is a dollar to be made.

Might be nice if perhaps you considered making a slightly larger run than what you think you would sell in a few weeks. Then what you don't sell yourself maybe the AA store would take any remaining on consignment. Serves the Jag community, keeps the prices down for those that miss out now, and takes the heat off you if the supply runs out.

Also, for what you're getting I think it's a very fair price point. $30 for 3 CD's of beta games is more than reasonable IMHO. Now that I've made the rules for pack #1 I'd hate to break them. I don't think that would be fair for those that are paying or have already paid. I'm absolutely certain they will end up on e-bay at a premium. Although unforutnate, there's not much I can do about it especially with a BIWN Rev 18 going for $78.00 on there, give these a little time and there's no doubt they'll be up there. I have already received several orders of more than 1.

Just a hobby??? With your collection??? Who you trying to kid !  ;)  

Mendon

:) Yeah, you're right, maybe it is a little more than a "hobby", infatuation comes to mind....

When you say that "several orders more than 1" you are not limiting one per person? I'm going to e-mail you an order for 1 copy only but what would prevent me from buying all your inventory so that nobody else can get a copy of the limited run? (Other than you not selling me any at all).

Thanks

Hi Mendon,

I understand and can see your point.

I'm just waaaaaaaay over my budget on game spending and can't really afford to be doing more this month if I want to keep my happy home; next month is another story. Just hate to see myself and others possibly having to go to eBay and buy them at "limited" edition prices if we miss out on these, especially if you are going to make an even more VERY limited #3 run. And the eBay auctions *will* happen if there is a dollar to be made.

Might be nice if perhaps you considered making a slightly larger run than what you think you would sell in a few weeks. Then what you don't sell yourself maybe the AA store would take any remaining on consignment. Serves the Jag community, keeps the prices down for those that miss out now, and takes the heat off you if the supply runs out.

Also, for what you're getting I think it's a very fair price point. $30 for 3 CD's of beta games is more than reasonable IMHO. Now that I've made the rules for pack #1 I'd hate to break them. I don't think that would be fair for those that are paying or have already paid. I'm absolutely certain they will end up on e-bay at a premium. Although unforutnate, there's not much I can do about it especially with a BIWN Rev 18 going for $78.00 on there, give these a little time and there's no doubt they'll be up there. I have already received several orders of more than 1.

Just a hobby??? With your collection??? Who you trying to kid !  ;)  

Mendon

:) Yeah, you're right, maybe it is a little more than a "hobby", infatuation comes to mind....

When you say that "several orders more than 1" you are not limiting one per person? I'm going to e-mail you an order for 1 copy only but what would prevent me from buying all your inventory so that nobody else can get a copy of the limited run? (Other than you not selling me any at all).

Thanks

There's no limit on the # you can order of pack #1 as long as you pay and order before February 22nd. I'll keep making them until all orders are filled. There is no limit to the # any one person can order. Several people have ordered more. :)

Jason

I recieved my pack#1 today. I only messed around with each disk for a little bit so far, but I like the overall product jay, good work! I was happy to see that BI/WN 23 had a faster frame rate than 18 still, it was faster on 19, but you never know as they add things into later revisions if it would take a speed hit again. I played on level of Battlemorph for a few minutes, in comedy mode, so that is still there and it looked identical otherwise, who knows though, maybe there are a few less or different levels further on, but it's a huge game and I don't plan on playing the unencrypted version through without a memory track! yIKES!

I also ran the Dante.exe file on my PC, the screen is all screwed up though, with garbage, the upper left corner had a window running a 3D demo, but the colors are wacky inverse-like. it looks to be pretty smooth animation though and it appears to me that the graphics are probably awsome, if I could see them with the right colors. Is this normal or is my PC just to blame itself, maybe I need to be in another resolution?

I recieved my  pack#1 today. I only messed around with each disk for a little bit so far, but I like the overall product jay, good work! I was happy to see that BI/WN 23 had a faster frame rate than 18 still, it was faster on 19, but you never know as they add things into later revisions if it would take a speed hit again. I played on level of Battlemorph for a few minutes, in comedy mode, so that is still there and it looked identical otherwise, who knows though, maybe there are a few less or different levels further on, but it's a huge game and I don't plan on playing the unencrypted version through without a memory track! yIKES!  

I also ran the Dante.exe file on my PC, the screen is all screwed up though, with garbage, the upper left corner had a window running a 3D demo, but the colors are wacky inverse-like. it looks to be pretty smooth animation though and it appears to me that the graphics are probably awsome, if I could see them with the right colors. Is this normal or is my PC just to blame itself, maybe I need to be in another resolution?

Hey GS,

It's definitely your PC. Dante.exe seems very tempermental (we've had a long discussion on this over at TAEX). Most success has been with older Win 98 or 95 machines. I use a Sony Vaio Laptop 333mhz w/win 98 to play it. It won't work on my newer machines. The graphics are pretty exciting and scream Jaguar. You may want to pop over to TAEX and look at the Extremist threads over there. Lots of info.

In regards to BIWN Rev 23, there are a lot more differences than folks originally thought. I'm guessing the speed hit from 19 is probably because of those additions. It also is much more stable than 19.

I hope someone can play it long enough to find some differences in Battlemorph. JagMod mentioned that he thought the music might be different (possibly more grainy). Anyone else noticed that? Those with dev CD's should give it a go since they can use a memory track.

Thanks again for the purchase, glad you've enjoyed your pack.

Jason

Try to run the Dante game with your desktop resolution set to 640x480 and 256 colors. That is what alot of the older games ran in and switching from desktop display to what the game use can mess stuff up. Try that and see if that helps, and if it does not try setting other desktop display settings and see if that helps. At least it is something you can try. Advice from an old tech support dude - it won't hurt anything :)

• 2 weeks later...