IGNORED

New record for Spitfire Attack?

Brad2600

If you sent the email to Ron Corcoran, he just stepped down from his Atari seat in the referee board. Thus, you should go back and resend an email to the new person. 8)

You do not need a video camera. I set my Sky Diver and Carnival records (the latter of which was held by a guy named Todd... :roll: ) with a VCR. Just turn on the VCR, wait like 5 seconds (I wait 15 to be safe), turn on the console, if it has settings, do it nice and slowly, so it is obvious you aren't trying to pull something, then start your game. At the end, let the score display for a few seconds, then stop the tape, or turn off the console. Simple as that. Which reminds me, I should really try to beat my 1M score on Carnival.... :roll: :ponder: :D

-------

Chase Hermsen

Hm....When I taped it, I had a TV/VCR combo....But, isn't there a feature on most VCRs that just "records whatever is on channel 3" or something? I would think that if Channel 3 was your console at the time, it would tape that...Yes, it does, because my N64 was once connected through the antenna/cable-in, and when I switched it on, and the channel was on 3, it would stop recording the channel, and start recording the game.

So, try just hitting the record button, turning on the console, and seeing if it tapes...Good luck! :D

------

Chase Hermsen

I think the Als should create something similar to TG, except that it's all Atari related.

Just an "AtariAge Title" for the games with the highest scores would be a cool thing. I'm sure it would make a lot of people here happy and encourage us to top each other at certain games. After all, why own over 200 games if you don't bother to discover them?

I believe Spitfire Attack is one of the nicer 2600 games though. Just look at the effects that it uses! How many other games had those kinds of effects when it was released?

ATARI CLASSIC SYSTEMS

400/800, ST 520/1040, 2600, 5200, 7800, Lynx, and Jaguar;

Robert Mruczek

179 North 7th Street

Brooklyn, New York 11211-2905

To obtain the rules for playing your game, ask: Robert Mruczek

He's the "new" person. He handles a lot of systems (He's TG Contest Administrator and Chief Referee), but he will eventually get back to you. :roll: :D

-----------

Chase Hermsen

http://www.twingalaxies.com/forums/viewtop...opic.php?t=1917

Todd Rogers - (Senior Referee) Atari (all consoles and 8-bit computers), Intellivision, GameCube  

Oops. You are right....However, Robert can and does review tapes for any and all consoles and arcade games, too. :ponder: :D

And...I think that's who I'll send my 2600 scores to...I don't want Todd stealing my tactics. Especially when I'm breaking HIS scores. :ponder: ;) :D

-------

Chase Hermsen

I don't agree with TwinGalaxies on this and if they think that those who use digital cameras are cheaters, then they've never met me. I don't have the means to alter a photo. I'm just honestly playing a game that I enjoy and If I can beat my own score 10 times, then that's good enough. I just don't have the money to shell out on a Polaroid or a video camera.

The reason TG does not take digital photos is because people can, and have cheated by editing their photos.

We require video tape to protect you, the honest gamer, from others who would cheat.

Case in point: you video tape a new record, and you have mastered the game to the point where you know what is possible to achieve versus what is impossible. Your tape prooves your score to be accurate.

Another guy comes along and has nothing but a photo that not only beats your score, but is clearly an impossible to achieve score. You would not be very happy with us if we allowed the easily faked photo to trump your video tape.

The video tape rule is there to level the playing field. IT IS NOT AN ACCUSATION OF CHEATING, but merely a way to discourage cheaters, and a way for us to keep our records clean.

Also, if you do not wish to send tapes to Todd, you can send them to me or Robert. look for me at the TG forums under the name "MKM". Send me a private message on where to send the tapes as I do not give it out in forums. I only compete for a few Atari2600 titles so i can review most submissions without worry.

You can play your games on PCAEwin and record them with the game recorder feature which is easy enough to do. You can also run the Atari 2600's r/f into a vcr to record that way.

Hi there!

If someone could detail, step by step, how to hook up the 2600 RF to a VCR/DVD combo, I'd be willing to try and do that.

Hm... basically you replace the antenna cable going into the the VCR with the one coming from the VCS. So instead of:

Antenna -> VCR -> TV

You have now

VCS -> VCR -> TV

Then you switch the TV to the programm that'd normally play a video.

Now you'd tune the VCR to the VCS channel. If the VCR has already some 50 TV programs tuned in, you might get it just by zapping around these. (I mean zapping the channels on the VCR, not the TV...)

HTH, at least it worked for me... :)

Greetings,

Manuel

Hey MKM!

Yeah, Mike is a guy you can definately trust. I sent him a few videos a while back, and did him a favour, too...Good guy.

Nice job on getting the Tape to work! Have fun! Maybe I should go out and look for this game...

I suspect that if someone beat a Rogers record, he would fully acknowlegde it and get excited about it because it sets a new standard for him to beat. Those hyper-competitive guys usually love a challenge an respect someone who can give it to them.

Then why does it still say "World Record: Yes" next to Todd's score on Carnival on his site? ;) :D

TG'S Site

Todd's Site

:D ;) 8)

---------

Chase Hermsen