IGNORED

Atari 410 Power Adaptor

starraider

I have recently bought an Atari 410 Program Recorder, but without any power adaptor.

I assume that it needs 6V DC with 300mA, is that correct?

I wonder about the polarity of the plug. Does the head of the plug have to be + or - ?

Could the 410 be destroyed, if I accidently choose the wrong polarity?

I had an one with the jack in the back and it was made in hong kong. You can see pics of it here:http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39615&highlight=410

That's interesting. Mine is made in Japan though.

According to the pic, the head has to be + ?

Have you found an appropriate power adapter?

According to the pic, the head has to be + ?

Have you found an appropriate power adapter?

I sold it with a 400 computer system on ebay. I never got around to testing it before I got rid of it. But the jack was in the back of the unit, and it looked like a normal american 410. You could probly get a universal dc adapter and make it work :)

You could probly get a universal dc adapter and make it work :)

Yea, I definately will do that. I just hope, I won't destroy the Unit, bc of a wrong polarity.

I have now all of the Recorders (410, 1010, XC11, XC12) for the Atari. It's fun to see the different designs alltogether :)

You could probly get a universal dc adapter and make it work :)

Yea, I definately will do that. I just hope, I won't destroy the Unit, bc of a wrong polarity.

I have now all of the Recorders (410, 1010, XC11, XC12) for the Atari. It's fun to see the different designs alltogether :)

I do think that symbol means the tip is positive, but low voltage dc is hard to short out unless you go way over power. I don't think that polarity will screw things up.

@Callipygous - read my post above and open the link ;) It gives ALL the info for the 410P