IGNORED

about MOLECULE MAN game....

Dracon

I do have a copy of it myself

Matsertronic (a bugdet software label) released it as a cassette only game We in the UK had been going 'WOW' to the Ultimate spectrum games like 'Knight Lore' and 'Alien 8' for some time and it was in very much the same vein, an isometric platform puzzler, IE a concept copy.

http://www.mastertronic.net/ gives some info under another machine, It was a port from the Spectrum version.

I do have a copy of it myself

Matsertronic (a bugdet software label) released it as a cassette only game We in the UK had been going 'WOW' to the Ultimate spectrum games like 'Knight Lore' and 'Alien 8' for some time and it was in very much the same vein, an isometric platform puzzler, IE a concept copy.

http://www.mastertronic.net/ gives some info under another machine, It was a port from the Spectrum version.

I don't believe that Mastertronic released any of its games on cassette for the North American market, but then I don't think that any company released their games on cassette after about '84.

I remember that Mastertronic was really (along with SSI and DataSoft) the only software house that was releasing new A8 games in North America by '87. It's a pity that we didn't see the entire range of titles in North America, instead of the odd games that did pop up over here.

Nope. There is no useful info I'm looking for. :(

So I'm still awaiting your help...

There must be a story behind this game, isn't it? ;)

The funny thing is I just found a PC conversion of that game.

Take a look at screenshot:

01newscreenie.jpeg

And the website for this project is located here :!::o

Well, I dealt with it myself (by GOOGLE'ing for awhile)... :D

On this page:

http://www.nvg.ntnu.no/sinclair/instructio...s/molecule.html

it was written that:

Molecule Man

Mastertronic, 1986

Written by Chris Owen, HTML'd by Arnt Gulbrandsen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Controls

Keyboard, Kempston, Cursor

Aim of the game

Trapped inside a radioactive maze, Molecule Man must escape before he gets a lethal dose of radiation - not an easy task!

Game play

The only way to escape from the maze is via the teleporter. However, you can only use this once you've collected the sixteen sectons of its circuit board. To keep the radiation dose down, Molecule Man needs to take anti-rad pills. He starts off with twenty of these but they are used up fairly quickly. Dotted around the maze are anti-radiation pill vending machines which will resupply you - but this needs money. Fortunately, coins can be found around the maze which you can use for this purpose. Also around the maze are bombs which can be used to destroy sections of the maze walls to allow you access to new sections.

Comments

"An excellent piece of budget software".

Rating

85% (CRASH #30, July 1986)

Now

A curious but enjoyable KNIGHT LORE-ish game.

Keys

Redefinable

Well, that's it, I suppose... The story behind this game is extremely short by the way... :D

So, I guess that for painless finishing the game I should play around with cheat-monitor that is built-in with A800Win emulator.... :P ;)