IGNORED

Rarity Guide

donkeykong1

By far the best 8-bit rarity list can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/ejgnandt/Jan2004Carts.txt

It's much better than the Krieg list or DP.

I presume you bought it from the Deutschland seller who has listed the same item many times this week - me too!

If so, I think that we both got a good deal. I had loose ones before, but that was a cool deal.

Thanx for the link. I actually bought it at one of my local game stores along with a sealed Popeye and some others for the 2600 or 5200. They each cost me $3.00 Just curious, how much was yours?

Mine was more! I think 10 Euros.

PB carts in general are not hugely rare, although Parker Brothers Chess seems not to appear on eBay very often

I would agree. PB games had very attractive packaging and are well worth collecting on this basis alone. Aside from this, almost all of the PB games were excellent arcade ports of popular titles, and they are all fun to play today.

In general, "Frogger" and "Q*Bert" can be had quite cheaply, but it's extremely difficult to find any of the other titles, boxed, for less than about $15. I've seen "Chess" sold for $35 US on eBay recently, and you won't be able to find "Mr. Do!'s Castle" outside of Canada, and then not for less than about $50-$80 (loose). "Montezuma's Revenge" does exist in cart format, but this was probably only released as a lab loaner and is unbelievably rare.