IGNORED

Idea carryover....from Ultimav91's idea

Bob Bytchin

How many of you have "significant others" who like video games...or electronic games in general??

My wife is an avid gamer. Although I like the classic consoles and collecting the classic games, she is more into modern consoles and games. She is also quite an adept TFC and Tribes2 player. I'm lucky because she seeks out games for our collection just as much as I do.

i have to be very thankfull for my woman, she's really cool about that ... aceepting my addiction and all that ....

and soon, it'll be an honour open my brand new boxed sesame street games for my daughter .. she's 5 now ...

hope it will be a nice memorable moment for her .... i'll post a photo here ..

My wife is into the newer games, mostly the Tetris games. She has horses, so I damn sure better get to have my games!!!

I occasionally get her to test out some of my new acquisitions and she really gets into some of the games

She will probably be less than excited once she sees my plans for our 2nd guest room

Heh, guess I should have started a new topic.

But my first Girlfriend, the little blond girl was into all sorts of weird stuff, but video games were not one of them. I almost gave up video games completely because of her. Luckily she moved away. My next girlfriend, we will call her Evil Jen for future reference was a closet video gamer. She never openly admitted to liking video games, but I would catch her once in a while playing Nintendo. The weird thing was she would never play games with me. My next girlfriend was really into sports and was pretty much anti video games and didn't even like me playing them. I had a bunch of friends ofthe opposite sex who also never really got into playing video games as much as I did. For the most part I played Atari, Nintendo, sega and computer games with my male friends. But my girlfriend no absolutly loves Space Invaders and loves going to the flea market with me. She gets dizzy in the arcades, but arcade games pretty much suck now, so we don't go that often.

The newer systems (for us that's a SNES) games just aren't as much fun to play, she says. I agree. But I did pick up a copy of the Disney Lion King game. She likes it. The Tetris-like "Bust a Move" game is also a big hit. We also play the hilarious "You don't know Jack" series on the PC...

Heheh, I'm pretty lucky actually. Not only is my girlfriend great in other respects, she plays videogames too. This was even before I met her, so it's not because of me. She grew up with Nintendo and Genesis though, I don't think she knew Atari too well until later. She even had a Scramble hand-held game when she was young, how cool is that!

Now she kicks my ass in fighting games and holds her own in drivers. Other genres I still rule though.

Oh yeah, and she even goes to thrift stores/flea markets when we have the time.

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: Alex ]