IGNORED

5200 Video Mod ROCKS!

MrRetroGamer

I finally got around to installing the mod I got from 8bitdomain. To make it easier, I just eliminated the chroma and luma and turned those 2 plugs into the audio jacks. Nailed everything on the first shot and I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW CRYSTAL CLEAR the display is, even on some homebrew carts that always had RF interference on them.

I attached 2 pics of how I modified the mod, I just removed the red and white audio cables from the molex connector, and replaced the purple and blue cables in their place. I also disconnected the mini audio jack at the black wire, you can see it unused in the back of pic #2. :D

post-41-1077404741_thumb.jpg

post-41-1077404742_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have the instructions for this mod handy? I need to modify two 5200 systems tomorrow, and I could have sworn there was a disk that came with the mods I bought, but for the life of me I cannot find it. The mod is fairly straightforward, but having the instructions would definitely help.

Thanks!

..Al

Yeah, there were some instructions on a disk... I think.. there was something with it though but I don't know where I put my copy. If you're having trouble locating your instructions maybe you should e-mail 8bitDomain and ask for them to send the instructions to you by way of online file transfer or something?

Yeah, there were some instructions on a disk... I think.. there was something with it though but I don't know where I put my copy.  If you're having trouble locating your instructions maybe you should e-mail 8bitDomain and ask for them to send the instructions to you by way of online file transfer or something?

Yes, I will write him, but if I don't get the instructions by tomorrow evening I won't be able to do them in time before I leave. I figured enough people here have done the mod that someone could send the instructions to me (since they came on a disk). :) :)

LOL, now that I think about it, I don't even know if I have a machine right now with a 3.5" drive actually installed. None of my Macs do, and my primary PC which has one crashed and burned a few months ago (Ahhh, I love Windows!) and I haven't reinstalled Windows 2000 on it yet.

Primarily what I need to know are what the various pins on the board are so I can properly wire them up, and where to attach the clip on the POKEY. And if there's anything non-obvious that I need to be aware of.

..Al

Yeah, there were some instructions on a disk... I think.. there was something with it though but I don't know where I put my copy.  If you're having trouble locating your instructions maybe you should e-mail 8bitDomain and ask for them to send the instructions to you by way of online file transfer or something?

Yes, I will write him, but if I don't get the instructions by tomorrow evening I won't be able to do them in time before I leave. I figured enough people here have done the mod that someone could send the instructions to me (since they came on a disk). :) :)

LOL, now that I think about it, I don't even know if I have a machine right now with a 3.5" drive actually installed. None of my Macs do, and my primary PC which has one crashed and burned a few months ago (Ahhh, I love Windows!) and I haven't reinstalled Windows 2000 on it yet.

Primarily what I need to know are what the various pins on the board are so I can properly wire them up, and where to attach the clip on the POKEY. And if there's anything non-obvious that I need to be aware of.

..Al

Check your email:)