IGNORED

Help With My Atari 7800 Commando!!!

toddcons

Aloha,

I recently purchased a brand new copy of Commando, completely sealed with shrinkwrap and after opening it and placing it into my Atari 7800, all I get is a blue screen, nothing else. I have tried cleaning the cartridge contacts and have tried it on two systems. Does anyone know what would cause this? The cartridge label says 1986 Data East and 1989 Atari Corp. It also says Made in China with the number CA400067-038. Is there anything I can do, including opening up the cartridge to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially from the many Atari "gurus" that I see posting on this board.

Thanks,

Todd Constantino

toddcon@gte.net

I am not sure...but it almost sounds like you may have a Pal copy of the game. If that is the case...it won't work on your 7800 unless your have the 7800 modded. Even still, the chances of it working correctly are not for sure. You say that all you get is a blue screen and that you have tried it on two different systems? That either would mean it is a Pal cart...or it could actually be a bad cart. I know that I was surprised that in my 15+ years of collecting this stuff...I just got my first bad cart and it was a 7800 cart as well. I am not sure of any quick fixes that you could try on the cart. Myself, I usually go ahead and open them up as carefully as I can. And then about the best I can do is to hit all the solder joints with some fresh solder and heat to try and fix any hidden "cold" solder connections.

Mayhap someone here will have a better idea or something else you could try. Otherwise about the only thing I can think of is to actually send the cart to one of us "Gurus" who has a modded 7800 to see if this is the case. At least then I or someone else could dump the cart and compare the actual romcode with the released emu roms.

Wish I had more to tell you...