IGNORED

Dreamcast Collectors Here...

Clint Thompson

I'm not a true hardcore collector for the DC. I have about 70 or so titles, but I don't go out of my way to find any more. There's only a handfull that i'd like to get to fill out my collection. And I don't play it all that much anymore. I've picked up so many games and consoles lately, I have a ton of new games to get through. So I don't have that much time to play old games on the DC.

Heh... awesome!

Wow... Godzilla sure has a collection eh? :)

I've got some pics of my collection I took not too long ago...(though I've aquired 15 some odd more games that aren't pictured ;)

*feet of fury being one of them! :)*

Dev0 - thta's some healthy play your putting in ;) I just put in 3 or so hours into Record of Lodoss War...(I'm addicted as of late)

Happy Dude - any games your ridding? ;) heh... (to help your cube addiction, of course! ;)

post-985-1077616289_thumb.jpg

post-985-1077616290_thumb.jpg

The DC is what got me to pick up consoles and take them seriously. Before that I was strictly a PC gamer, and before that I had my 2600.

My 'Cast collection is pretty comprehensive, with only a few titles left on my want list -- two of which being imports. I think I have around 90+ titles and recently picked up typing of the dead.

Hex.

[ Is nervous that he misplaced his precious Mr. Driller... ]

Dreamcast. Bleh.

I've been slowly trading/selling off my DC collection over the last two years. This has to be one of my LEAST favorite systems of all time, both in regards to games and the hardware itself (that scratchy drive motor really grates on you after awhile and the workmanship isn't the greatest either).

That said, I will keep a DC on hand if only to play the epic Shenmue whenever the mood strikes me. The rest of the library is pretty forgettable.

I've just bought a Dreamcast, pre-owned from Gamestop. I've got about 15 games so far (or will, when the ones I've won on eBay turn up!). I'm mainly interested in the 2D shooters on the DC, Giga Wing and Gunbird 2 are great fun! Now if I can just get myself a copy of Mars Matrix.... :D

I still frequent my DC - Dont have that big of a collection - about 25-30 games - The main stuff i play lately are Border Down / Ikaruga / Gigawing / Bomberman Online and my recently aquired for 7.99 Sega Rally 2 :)

The only place i can find DC games anymore is Gamestop which has em all for used - But only one gamestop store around here has em.

Theres this store in brooklyn actually that had lots of brand new dc games even rare shit for only 9.99, but iwent back after a long break and they dont have anything anymore :sad:

Happy Dude - any games your ridding? ;) heh... (to help your cube addiction, of course! ;)

Heeeeell No :)

All my addictions are on hold at the moment (exept heroin because its so hard to quit :P)

but I'll definitly continue later ;)

Haha.... no problem :)

--

Shep..... cool... the supply is now starting to dry up quickly locally everywhere as I think almost all places are phasing DC games out completely... which will only raise prices overall I think.

--

Adrian... maybe you have some titles I'm looking for then? :)

Some DC's do have that super loud scratchy movement while the last

DC I had wasn't so bad. *I tend not to even hear it once I start playing the game tho*. You didn't like T2k2 or (Virtua Tennis), SF RUSH 2049, R.E.: Code Veronica, Expandable, Crazy Taxi, Ready to Rumble Boxing, Any of the NFL Blitz,) Those are just a few... and doesn't include the liking of all the cool NES, 2600, 800xl emulators++ and underground development. For the value at hand I love the Dreamcast (and I love both hardware and many of the games in the library heh!)

Really though out of 251 or so titles to say the rest are completely forgettable? bleh! :) :P

--

Paul... I just got Mars Matrix.... won it for a hefty price on eBay...(hmm... $25ish or so I think)

--

JagMX ... 9.99 is kind of expensive for every game... but the harder to find ones I would have jumped on :) heh. I need Ikaruga as well... have been wanting it but for some reason haven't gotten it... I would say look at Toys R Us still... I just did stop in for the first time in the last few years and seen they had a few DC games new for $4.99 to $19.99 (D2 being the high priced one) and Record of Lodoss War was pretty cheap new...

And I think Gamestop is going to stop selling them soon as well... sadly enough.

Adrian... maybe you have some titles I'm looking for then? :).

Looking for anything in particular? I'm looking to phase out the remainder of my collection with the exception of Shenmue. Here's what I have left:

*Iron Aces

*Midway's Arcade Collection Part 2 (sealed)

*I-SPY Industrial Espionage

*Bleemcast Gran Turismo Disc

*Tony Hawk 1

*Soul Calibur

*Alone in the Dark 4

*NFL2K

*Test Drive Lemans

*Toy Commander

*couple of others

You didn't like T2k2 or (Virtua Tennis), SF RUSH 2049, R.E.: Code Veronica, Expandable, Crazy Taxi, Ready to Rumble Boxing, Any of the NFL Blitz,) Those are just a few... and doesn't include the liking of all the cool NES, 2600, 800xl emulators++ and underground development. For the value at hand I love the Dreamcast (and I love both hardware and many of the games in the library heh!)  

Really though out of 251 or so titles to say the rest are completely forgettable? bleh!

Didn't really care for Virtua Tennis (difficulty became insane in the later levels), Crazy Taxi got old fast, Expendable was pretty bad, Ready to Rumble I never owned, Code Veronica was decent until you realized how insanely tough the game got, and SF RUSH was spotty at best. As for emulation, I'm not a big fan of emulation to begin with and if I'm going to emulate something, I can do it on my PC.

I'll stand by my statement...the DC had a pretty weak library of games.

Paul... I just got Mars Matrix.... won it for a hefty price on eBay...(hmm... $25ish or so I think)

Hah! Chances are I was thinking of making a bid on it!

$25 seems to be about the going rate, although that's usually the minimum, it tends to go for between that and $35. Obviously I'll be looking to get it at the $25 end! :)

Adrian... maybe you have some titles I'm looking for then? :).

Looking for anything in particular? I'm looking to phase out the remainder of my collection with the exception of Shenmue. Here's what I have left:

*Iron Aces

*Midway's Arcade Collection Part 2 (sealed)

*I-SPY Industrial Espionage

*Bleemcast Gran Turismo Disc

*Tony Hawk 1

*Soul Calibur

*Alone in the Dark 4

*NFL2K

*Test Drive Lemans

*Toy Commander

*couple of others

You didn't like T2k2 or (Virtua Tennis), SF RUSH 2049, R.E.: Code Veronica, Expandable, Crazy Taxi, Ready to Rumble Boxing, Any of the NFL Blitz,) Those are just a few... and doesn't include the liking of all the cool NES, 2600, 800xl emulators++ and underground development. For the value at hand I love the Dreamcast (and I love both hardware and many of the games in the library heh!)  

Really though out of 251 or so titles to say the rest are completely forgettable? bleh!

Didn't really care for Virtua Tennis (difficulty became insane in the later levels), Crazy Taxi got old fast, Expendable was pretty bad, Ready to Rumble I never owned, Code Veronica was decent until you realized how insanely tough the game got, and SF RUSH was spotty at best. As for emulation, I'm not a big fan of emulation to begin with and if I'm going to emulate something, I can do it on my PC.

I'll stand by my statement...the DC had a pretty weak library of games.

Virtua Tennis is great fun playing against friends (I never really did care for playing against the computer on any game for the most part)

RE:Code Veronica .... it does get extremely difficult later on in the game... I've yet to beat it actually but still a good game.

SF Rush.... I refer to the stunt mode in Multiplayer... we played that game weeks on end and had a blast. How about Power Stone?

Emu on PC is ok.... but I just like the feel of console controllers and the "hooked up to a TV" sorta thing.

On your list though, I need:

Industrial Spy -OE

Iron Aces

Bleemcast Gran Turismo Disc

*what others do you have?*

Hah! Chances are I was thinking of making a bid on it!

$25 seems to be about the going rate, although that's usually the minimum, it tends to go for between that and $35. Obviously I'll be looking to get it at the $25 end! :)

Heh... I'm surprised I even bid on it that high....but I knew it was a harder title to get and went ahead.

There was a lot of like 25 DC games on eBay not too long ago... I thought I was going to be able to pick up for about $120 but it went out of range... up to $184 I think *argh!* and had a bunch of harder to obtain titles...

I just recently picked up a Dreamcast and a bunch of games for it. I've been playing that one more than my PS2 lately. I really like Sonic Adventure 2, The Smashpack, and the fishing games when played with the reel so far. I only have a few games, but plan on picking up a bunch more when I get a chance.

There was a lot of like 25 DC games on eBay not too long ago... I thought I was going to be able to pick up for about $120 but it went out of range... up to $184 I think *argh!* and had a bunch of harder to obtain titles...

I bid on a lot of 7 games revently, and was outbid in the last minute by someone who's previous eBay win saw him win a Dreamcast with 25 games, 4 of which were in the lot he outbid me on!!!! What was the point of that? Did he want those other three games that much?

Bah.

Virtua Tennis is great fun playing against friends (I never really did care for playing against the computer on any game for the most part)

RE:Code Veronica .... it does get extremely difficult later on in the game... I've yet to beat it actually but still a good game.

SF Rush.... I refer to the stunt mode in Multiplayer... we played that game weeks on end and had a blast. How about Power Stone?  

Emu on PC is ok.... but I just like the feel of console controllers and the "hooked up to a TV" sorta thing.

On your list though, I need:

Industrial Spy -OE

Iron Aces

Bleemcast Gran Turismo Disc

*what others do you have?*

Had PowerStone 1 and 2 and they were fun at first, but technique-wise (I really enjoy playing fighting games with lots of depth like the KOF and SF series) the game was rather simplistic to hold up to any sort of long-term play value.

Send me a PM if you want any of my games. They're all in relatively mint condition...I take care of my games and I never buy used games for my collections.

As for the "other" games, I don't have a lot left since I've done a bit of selling and trading of my DC collection over the last year. I'd have to take a look sometime. I know I left out Super Runabout: SF Edition, but the remaining batch are mostly commons like World Series Baseball 2k2 and stuff like that.

I bid on a lot of 7 games revently, and was outbid in the last minute by someone who's previous eBay win saw him win a Dreamcast with 25 games, 4 of which were in the lot he outbid me on!!!! What was the point of that? Did he want those other three games that much?

Bah.

That sucks.... maye he was considering reselling them on eBay.... but I doubt just for the 3 he wanted it probably wasn't worth it.

Like that lot of 25 ganes I was bidding on... there was only about 12 I really needed but they were some of the more expensive and harder to find games.

Adrian.... PM sent :)