IGNORED

"Any Homebrewer's interested in donating to Anthology P

Klove

You know how we all came to slowly agree on using Skeet Shoot as the catch-all for "bad 2600 game references?" We need to come up with something to use for "obscure gaming platform references." That would keep us from trying to out-geek each other (I WENT FOR THE OSCILLOSCOPE! I BURNED YOU ALL!). I nominate either the Adventurevision or the Cosmos.

I shouldn't have been so aggro like that to poor Bivotar. No matter what, every Activision thread veers strongly off-topic by the second page every time. I hope the homebrew guys still remember to submit their stuff.

I entered this post using a Jacquard Loom.

I just read that the US launch of the PSP will be delayed until 2005, and the Japanese release may be delayed also.

I'm guessing they're quaking in their boots over the upcoming Nintendo dual-screen portable. :roll:

That aside, I'm really enjoying the Anthology on the GBA. The 2600 library is perfect for portable systems. Hopefully the PSP version can include even more homebrews and the Imagic titles.

(BTW, I'm web surfing using the back of an old shovel, and a piece of coal. I was using a pile of dirt and a stick, but was having problems with Flash sites.)

You know how we all came to slowly agree on using Skeet Shoot as the catch-all for "bad 2600 game references?" We need to come up with something to use for "obscure gaming platform references."  That would keep us from trying to out-geek each other (I WENT FOR THE OSCILLOSCOPE!  I BURNED YOU ALL!).  I nominate either the Adventurevision or the Cosmos.

Are you sure about that ;) :

http://www.osti.gov/accomplishments/videogame.html

That aside, I'm really enjoying the Anthology on the GBA. The 2600 library is perfect for portable systems. Hopefully the PSP version can include even more homebrews and the Imagic titles.

I agree. Activision Anthology is one of my most played GBA cartridges. Many of the 2600 games serve as great time-wasters when you just want a quick game to tide you over for a few minutes. In that way, they're ideal for portable systems.

I've been secretly hoping that Activision Anthology would make an appearance on the PSP. I'd like to see this be the best anthology yet, with even more homebrews, and perhaps some Activision games that appeared on systems other than the 2600, such as Zenji, Toy Bizarre, or the 5200 version of Pitfall II.

It is great to see that there's so much interest in the Activision Anthology. I own this collection for the PS2. It's also great that Activision included so many homebrewers in their latest installment. It gives the Atari fan a chance to show what could have been for the 2600.

I also think that there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Rather than try to appeal to yet another small niche crowd, why not give this collection some closure? It's time to move away from this collection and on to the next great thing. Why focus on yet another small handheld that in a few years will enter the annals of obscurity?