IGNORED

Went on a 350 mile Thrift Store search today

gamerz

The label itself appears to be an uncommon label/end label odity. As Atari continued some sales in the late 80s, some of the label odities did hit the market. The label itself would probably be considered borderline uncommon/rare. Thumbs up on the TREK! Atleast you came back with a keeper. I would have grabbed that one myself. The combo of yellow and orange illustrates quantity not quality. Looks to be in superb condition.

Still thumbs up dude! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Cheers 8)

I wish I could do a 350 miles thrift hunt. Around my area, there are a few in Saginaw, a few more in Flint, and a couple here and there. Too few and too far apart. Plus I regularly hit those stores when I'm in that cities and I often don't find anything.

I did learn something from my years of thrifting: some of the best time is often within the last 2 weeks before January as people try for some last minute tax breaks, the first few weeks of warm spring days as the people does spring cleaning, and in the fall when cool weather settles in and most people get rid of their unsold garage/yard sales stuff.

The label itself appears to be an uncommon label/end label odity. As Atari  continued some sales in the late 80s, some of the label odities did hit the market. The label itself would probably be considered borderline uncommon/rare. Thumbs up on the TREK! Atleast you came back with a keeper. I would have grabbed that one myself. The combo of yellow and orange illustrates quantity not quality. Looks to be in superb condition.

Still thumbs up dude! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :D  

Cheers 8)

I picked up some weeks ago a "12 street racer" text label with an orange border on the end label(same color as the text) instead of the normal silver one.It's on my sale/trade list though :D

There are quite a few post-crash releases, but that's the only one I know where they broke so obviously from the usual typography specs. I have one of those somewhere. (I've also found a couple of conductive-label Combats in my time.)

As for long thrifting drives, I head off to Houston every few months. One time I found a Channel F in the box with a few games, stacked on top of a bunch of board games. But one guy was the king of thrift drives, because he lived in the extremely overshopped DFW area. He'd go a couple of hundred miles and hit every small town thrift he knew of.

As for long thrifting drives, I head off to Houston every few months.  One time I found a Channel F in the box with a few games, stacked on top of a bunch of board games.  But one guy was the king of thrift drives, because he lived in the extremely overshopped DFW area.  He'd go a couple of hundred miles and hit every small town thrift he knew of.

Yeah, I've tried a few long drives myself but it wasn't really worth it with

high gas prices and scarce supply. But sure wish I could go back in

time to to early 90s and hit a bunch of thrifts and flea markets, they were

loaded back then. Even in 1997 when I started collecting, supply was fairly

decent.

Sounds like you had an enjoyable trip and found an interesting cartridge to boot. My friends and I when I used to live in NJ would do that sometimes. We would plan to go to different cities and visit different thrifts shops to see what we find. It was fun just being with friends and seeing different places than what I would see from day to day.

Nice find and you got a great price! :)